♠️25 - Bonus Chapter♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️
3 Years Later

"I cannot believe that my baby Juliet is turning THREE!" Alisa squealed in excitement. My entire family flew out to New York to celebrate Juliet's third birthday, Alisa arrived a few days earlier just to spend time with Juliet. She has become so obsessed with Juliet that I think she forgets that Juliet is my baby, but I can't take away Juliet from her. She's so protective of Juliet and Juliet even loves her as a mother figure. Alisa picked up Juliet from the floor where she was sitting and playing with her stuffed animals.

"You're my big girl. Yes you are!" Alisa held Juliet above her head, Juliet squealed with glee and laughed along with her favorite aunt.

"If you keep spoiling her with all those gifts, she'll turn out like a brat." I told Alisa. Alisa held Juliet in her arms.

"No, my baby girl will never become a brat like-" She paused.

"Your brother was." I finished for her with a small laugh.

"Yeah..." Alisa narrowed her eyes at me. "But Ace has changed...a bit."

"Got himself a girl yet?" I asked her. She didn't answer, which meant no. "Still?"

"He hasn't been looking." Alisa told me.

"But about that girl he was with last year?" I asked her. Alisa shook her head. "What happened with her anyway?"

"He said and I quote, 'My psychic powers are telling me she's a no-no,' I swear he said that!" My jaw almost dropped when she told me. "I think he's just stalling."

"For what?" I scoffed.

"Maybe, in the back of his head, he thinks that the two of you could still be a thing." I rolled my eyes.

"Six years into marriage and one child too late." I told her. She chuckled.

"I know, that's why he stayed back." She told me. "Not entirely because of you but because he has to help out dad with the business. He's been pretty busy at the office these past couple of weeks."

"Why?" I asked her.

"I couldn't say. I'm not involved with any business things. I let dad and Ace do that, I help mom out with her fashion lines." She explained to me. 

"So, things are normal with you and Devin?" I asked her.

"They are but I'm kinda angry with him at the moment." She told me. I raised a questioning eyebrow. "We've been married for five years now. I want a baby."

"And he doesn't?" I asked her.

"He scared." She told me. "His father wasn't exactly a father to him. So he's scared that he's gonna be the 'worst father ever'." She used air quotations with her fingers.

"He seriously thinks that?" I asked her. She nodded her head sadly.

"And you know what's the worst part?" 

"What?"

"I think I'm pregnant." My eyes widened as I looked at her. 

"You're kidding!" She shook her head 'no'. "Did you take a test?"

"I didn't but I've been having the symptoms. I bought one this morning but I'm afraid." I leaped from my seat and grabbed her arm. I took Juliet and placed her in the playpen.

"Benjamin, can you watch Juliet for a minute?" I called out for him.

"Sure." Benjamin came into the room and I dragged Alisa to my room. I made her go into the bathroom and take the test. She came out of the bathroom, and we waited for the test results to come in.