♠️13♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️ 

"Aren't you gonna answer my question?" I asked Hunter as he drove. I sat next to him in the passenger's seat, his eyes were fixated on the road.

"What question?" He asked in confusion, his eyes still on the road.

"Why did you buy me?" I repeated my earlier question from the hospital.

"I don't want to talk about it." He responded in an annoyed tone. His grip on the wheel tightened, he was getting angry.

"It's not like I'm asking you if you've killed someone, I'm just asking why you bought me!" He gritted his teeth in anger.

"Joslynn," He took in a breath to calm himself. "I really don't want to talk about this right now. Especially since I'm driving."

I leaned into my seat and folded my arms across my chest angrily. I stayed silent and glared at him. He clearly felt my glare on him and glanced at me, he let out a sigh. I still didn't talk and glared at him with every single fiber in my body. His grip on the wheel loosened and he continued to stay focused.

"I know you're angry with me." He said, I didn't respond.

"And you're clearly ignoring me." He said to himself. I kept a strict poker face on and stared at the road in silence.

"This is gonna be a long night." He muttered to himself but loud enough for me to hear.

✴️✴️✴️✴️

"Joslynn, are you seriously still mad at me?" Hunter asked as we entered the apartment. I ignored him the entire ride after he refused to answer my question. To be honest, I was surprised at myself to not talking to him this long but I was gonna stay strong and continue to be mad at him until he answers me. I was about to climb the stairs when he called out to me and stopped me.

"Fine, I'll tell you why." He surrendered and I did a victory dance in my head. He sat on the sofa, I came and sat next to him.

"I don't know." He told me, I raised an eyebrow at him questioningly. I rolled my eyes and got up from the sofa about to walk away.

"Why are you still angry?! I gave you an answer!" He yelled after me.

"That wasn't a valid answer!" I turned and snapped at him.

"Then what is?!" He stood from his seat and yelled in frustration.

"I don't know!" I answered him, I was confused myself. "I thought you really had a reason for buying me...guess not."

I turned my back to him and almost immediately thousands of thoughts began racing around in my head.

"Joslynn," Hunter approached me closely. "ever since I saw you, I felt strange...like I had to buy you. I couldn't let someone harm you in anyway."

I glanced at him from behind me, I slowly turned around and approached him. I placed my hand on his shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile gesturing that I was fine with that answer. He smiled back knowing I wasn't angry at him anymore.

"I'm going to bed." I turned on my heels and began to walk away from him when he tugged my arm backwards causing me to stop.

"You're not sleeping in a room by yourself." He told me with a stern tone asserting his power, but I wasn't gonna listen to him.