♠️24 - Epilogue♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️
5 Years Later

I woke up to the sun shining on my face, I immediately closed my eyes as the light blinded me. I turned to my other side, away from the window, and came face to face with my loving husband of three years. That's right, we married! For my twentieth birthday, Hunter planned a surprise party for me and invited all my friends and family and there, at the party, he proposed to me with everyone watching. I immediately shrieked 'yes'. Five months later, we were married...in Paris. I was so happy, and I still am. I smiled at his sleepy face as the memory from last night replayed in my head.

I sat on the toilet, I was nervously fiddling with my fingers counting the seconds as they passed. My mind was racing with so many thoughts: both good and bad. My emotions went crazy, I felt worried, nervous, anxious, but most importantly happy. I was so happy, but I didn't want to raise false hopes in case the test turns up negative.

Yeah, I thought I might  be pregnant. So I bought a pregnancy test. However, I didn't tell anyone...okay maybe I told someone. I obviously told Benjamin because well...he's Benjamin. There isn't a reason not to tell Benjamin, he's a wonderful man who has always encouraged me to pursue my dreams.

I know what you're thinking, 'But doesn't Hunter encourage and support you?' He does. But I told Benjamin because he's someone who I can trust with this secret. You know there are people in your lives who you trust to keep certain secrets and there are those who you feel more comfortable around and there are those who you love to keep close to your heart but you don't wanna share your secrets and fears with them. I don't know if that's weird but that's how I think of Benjamin, I can trust him with this secret. 

So...after a couple of minutes, I took a deep breath and went to the counter where the pregnancy test was. I closed my eyes and relaxed myself before I looked at the test. I almost screamed with joy as I saw the two lines which indicated I was pregnant! I held back my screams of joy and burst out smiling like an idiot.

I'm gonna be a mother!

Hunter wasn't home so I raced out the room and went straight to Benjamin. Upon seeing my crazed state, he raised a concern eyebrow. My happiness knew no bounds and I screamed at him.

"I'M GONNA BE A MOTHER!" I screamed excitedly. His eyes widened with shock, then a smile broke out on his face.

"Are you serious?!"  He asked, his face was glowing with happiness. I nodded my head and showed him the test.

"I should go for an ultrasound." I told him, when I realized I needed to be sure. 

"That's a good idea. I'll drive you." So he drove me to the obstetrician. She proved that I was indeed pregnant and showed me my ultrasound of my unborn baby, although it was just a speck I was already in love with my baby.

Today, I'm gonna tell Hunter I'm pregnant. I know he'll be ecstatic when he learns that he's gonna be a father. I quietly slid out of the bed and tiptoed into the bathroom. I washed my face and then brushed my teeth. Afterwards, I went out the room and into the kitchen where Benjamin was making breakfast.

"Good morning, Benjamin." I greeted with a happy smile.

"Did you tell him yet?" He asked, excitedly. I shook my head 'no'. He served me some hot tea and a muffin.

"So when are you going to tell him?" Benjamin asked, eagerly. 

"Sometime today. But I wanna do it in a special way. Any suggestions?" I asked him, as I sipped my hot tea.

"You could tell him over a romantic dinner." Benjamin suggested.

"No, I want to tell him but not tell him directly, you know?" Benjamin gave me a confused look. I sighed and began to explain.