♠️23♠️

✡️Joslynn's POV✡️  
Later That Day...

"I'm so f*cking relieved that you're okay." As soon as I entered the apartment, Ace was the first to say these words, right after he engulfed me in a hug. I was a bit taken aback at first and stood frozen in his hold.

"I'm sorry." He apologized after realizing I was uncomfortable. I looked at him with concern, although he did me wrong, I still felt pity for him.

"Um...yeah. Thanks for that." Hunter's possessiveness got the better of him, he squeezed between us and wrapped his arm around me. Ace took this as a warning and walked away.

"Babe, it's okay." I whispered to Hunter.

"I still don't like him touching you." He said to me, although he had a smile plastered on, he was growling inside like a beast.

"You're being worried for nothing." I told him with an annoyed tone. He sighed in defeat and pulled me closer to him.

"I'm not taking anymore chances, after what happened to you I don't want it happening again." He told me, he was hurting inside and he blamed himself for what happened. I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed a soft peck on his lips.

"Why is everyone blaming themselves for something that's not in their control?" I asked him, shaking my head. "No one is responsible for what happened. Joe is responsible for all this and now he's dead, he's received his punishment. Now, relax and stay calm. Please."

He looked into my eyes and nodded in agreement.

"Okay, but only for you." He rested his forehead against mine.

"Oh my God!" Alisa groaned in annoyance. "Can't you two get a room? I swear, it's not enough that you almost had a make out session at the warehouse."

Hunter and I chuckled at Alisa's annoyance.

"Baby." Devin came from behind Alisa and wrapped his arms around her waist and held her close. Hunter and I narrowed our eyes at her. She blushed and glared at Devin jokingly.

"Oh my God, Alisa!" I tried to mock Alisa's earlier behavior. "Get a room, won't you?!"

"Oh, ha ha." She rolled her eyes at me. "For the record, we're just hugging. You kissed him."

"Oh and that's a big difference." I rolled my eyes at her.

"That's a lot of eye rolling, ladies." My dad chuckled as he entered the room with Sophie. "Won't you agree, honey?"

"Johnathon, stop teasing the kids." Sophie playfully scolded and hit his shoulder.

"We're not kids!" Alisa argued with a pout. 

"Honey, just last week you were fighting with Jacob over a tub of ice-cream." Sophie reminded with judging eyes.

"Ice-cream is a subject that is not related to this argument. YOU KNOW ICE-CREAM IS MY LIFE!" Alisa argued back very strongly.

"And, how about the sprinkles?"

"Can't have ice-cream without sprinkles." Alisa defended herself once again.

"The staring contest...with a baby." Sophie narrowed her eyes, knowing that Alisa couldn't respond to that scenario. 

"Okay, you got me on that one." Alisa admitted defeat and huffed. Devin chuckled and kissed her cheek, but she kept her frown.

All this time, we were laughing at her reaction that we didn't notice Ace in the corner of the room, looking at me with regret in his eyes. Jacob stood at his side, patting his shoulder. We managed to lock eyes for a moment before he turned away and stormed out of the room.