Arrival

I pull on the reins of my horse Savanna to a halt as I see it. The grand castle in the heart of the Camelot. It's late but I decided it was safer to travel throughout the night rather than allow a chance of being attacked. As a woman men seem to think they will always have the upper hand and I know there aren't many I can't take on and win, but why risk it?

As I move I hear clangs of metal and screams of men. Pulling my sword I charge towards the sound at full speed. My eyes scan the area until I come across the situation, a creature (presumably of magic as it looks like a mix of mythical creatures) is attacking the noble Knights of Camelot and winning.

With a click of my heels I head towards the beast allowing some of the men to retreat whilst it focuses it attention on me. With a quick pull of the reins Savanna swerves to the left whilst I lean to the right to avoid the creatures claws that swing for my head. I slam my sword into its arm but it has no affect other than angering the beast.

Not wanting to risk my horse I jump off and allow her to run into the woods for cover knowing she will come when I call. A body lays on the floor close to the beast and with one look at the creature I put my sword in my belt and take the man by his arms dragging him.

Putting my hand to his neck I beg for a pulse and thankfully find one. Looking up I see a man charging on a horse towards the beast and a man in the distance chanting something. Magic?

The spear in the horse riders hand lights blue as it pierces the creatures stomach killing it. Drawing my sword I approach him. Turning to me he removes his helmet to reveal a dear friend, "Lancelot."

"Amy?" He jumps down as the magic man comes running towards us. I pull my sword on him and he backs away with his hands up. "It's okay, this is Merlin."

I look at the scrawny boy, "you have magic." I whisper. His eyes widen.

"He only uses it for good." Lancelot defends. "Trust me, he is a good man."

I look at him, "alright. You did kill the creature."

"Hph." Turning we see the man I pulled away beginning to wake. I kneel down and place a hand on his head.

"Take it easy, you've been hurt pretty badly." His eyes open and purest of blues hits me. They are the colour of a clear sea. They stare at me before looking at the others.

Finally he rises himself onto his elbows and looks behind me. "You killed it." He looks at me with shock.

"Lancelot killed the beast, managed to find a weak spot in its stomach." I stand fully and place a hand on my friends shoulder.

"Amy got you to safety and kept the beast from some of your men." Lancelot praises.

The blond haired man looks between the three of us before Merlin helps him to his feet. Moving away from them I begin checking the other Knights. Leaning down I find one alive, "this mans alive." I whistle and Savanna comes trotting towards me. "Help me load him up."

With their help I get the man onto the horse and we begin making our way to the castle. Lancelot walks alongside me and asks, "what are you doing here?"

"Camelot is as better place as any to settle for a while." I pat my horse. "What are you doing here?"

"I came to be a Knight." I smile at him. It's always been his dream. His eyes look at our other companions, "it didn't quiet go to plan."

I laugh, "when does it ever."

Finally we arrive at the castle and lean inside. Men come to take Sir Leon, the man unconscious on my horse. I wait looking at my horse. The blond man stops and turns to me, "they will put her safely in the stables." I nod and follow him inside.