Druids

So as it turns out Arthur is completely besotted with this Sophia woman and has convinced Merlin to take the fall for events that he was suppose to be attending so he could woe her with trips into the forest. All of this ended up with Merlin in the stocks and a very annoyed King Uther.

None of this has helped settle Morgana, but she feels a little more confident knowing I am on the case. So I decided to follow them on their next journey out. I know it sounds silly but if I get caught then I can just say I'm going for a ride. I watch as they trot away towards the forest and follow at a pace that keeps me hidden.

Savanna trots along, happy to finally be out. I haven't had much time to ride her recently with the madness of court life and the whirlwind of drama happening. It appears as though they are going for picnic and are walking to find a perfect spot.

I leave Savanna to explore whilst I follow them on foot. They continue to travel and I begin wondering where they are heading to. I wish I had studied the map of this land but it's unknown to me. Guess I'll just have to follow them and wait to see what happens.

Suddenly an arrow fires towards them and Arthur pulls her away just in time. It's a Camelot patrol. Arthur is fuming as he rushes towards them yelling. He returns and insists on taking her back to the castle to keep her safe. I slip away so I can't be seen and call Savanna heading back.

*

Apparently I hadn't stopped much of anything. Merlin explains what he had heard just before Arthur entered the throne room and informed his father of his desire to marry Sophia. King Uther almost arrested them which would have been a good idea but Arthur spoke him down before being told he is not to marry Sophia.

I tried to talk to Arthur but he didn't want to see me. Not that I had much choice because Sophia seems to be everywhere I try to go. After waiting some time I enter Sophia's chambers to find Arthur bewitched with red eyes. Merlin lays lifeless on the floor and the two other people in the room turn to me.

Before I can react I am blown across the room and my back hits the far wall and I close my eyes. Instantly my body tells me to fight but I know I can't beat those two without magic and my only source is currently unconscious. I listen as they leave and wait a few more seconds before shooting up. My back hurts but I push through the pain and over to Merlin.

Patting his face isn't working. "Come on Merlin." I beg just as the door opens and Giaus comes through. He waves a bottle of something under his nose and he shoots awake. Giaus is checking his head whilst I explain, "Merlin they have taken Arthur. I don't know where."

"The lake." He shoots up and I go with him as he grips my arm. "We have to go after him."

"Merlin you can barely walk." He looks at me in surprise then realises Giaus is the one who spoke.

"I'm fine." He insists as he heads towards the wall rather than the door. Grabbing his arm I direct him towards the door and send the message to Giaus through my eyes that I'll look after him.

Together we run out of the castle and off towards the forest. As we sprint through the forest we conclude the fact that they didn't use horses so we have enough to catch up. Merlin leads with much more speed than I would have thought him capable of. I do have to stop him every now and then from walking into a tree or picking him up after he trips but it helps me to focus on it rather than the pain in my back.

Finally we arrive at the lake and I am holding Merlin up by this point. I look at him, "distract him and I'll get the staff." Before he can argue I let go of him and take off round the edge of the forest. Merlin gets his attention so I charge behind and hit him with my body making us fall to the floor. It was enough momentum to knock the man's staff towards Merlin and I launch myself clear as Merlin unleashes his power onto man effectively exploding him.