Fight to Protect

As per usual for the castle, there are many things going on including a chamber hidden under the castle that holds gold and jewels beyond measure but also a tomb. Giaus looked into it and it seems to be of Cornelius Sigan, a powerful sorcerer who swore to destroy Camelot. Then there is the servant Cedric whose put Merlin's job at risk and Arthur is too annoyed to care at how suspicious  this guy seems. Then it gets worse as the tomb was broken into and Merlin expressed his belief that it was Cedric only to get shot down by Arthur. 

Anyways now everything is even worse because all of the statues are alive and attacking everyone. Seriously magical people are not doing themselves any favours. Many have already died from their attacks and others are in critical condition. They are begin treated by Giaus and a selection of servants. 

I draw my sword making my way way through the courtyard with an injured soldier on my shoulder. Diving I move us behind an overturned cart. The soldier is unconscious which is why I was dragging him. Looking over I see a knight running across the courtyard. "Hey. I need some help." Turning to me I see Sir Ian. He dashes over and hides with me. "He needs treatment."  He looks at the soldier. 

"What are you doing out here?" I continue to survey the area. 

"Doing my part same as you." I hold my sword up. "You carry him, I'll defend us." He opens his mouth to argue but elects against it and sheaths his sword before heaving the man up. 

As we begin crossing I see Arthur limping. A screech erupts and I turn to see a statue flying towards Arthur. Making a decision I take off towards him, throwing my body into his so we both hit the ground just as the statue rushes into us. It catches my arm and I wince as it's claw slices my arm. 

Arthur flips over and looks at me. His upper arm is bleeding heavily and he hit the ground hard with me landing on top of him. Without a word we grip onto each other and take off into the castle and to the medical area. I sit Arthur down and move out of the way for Gwen to begin working on him. 

"This isn't working." I state. "These statues are made with magic and swords do only so much damage." I wince as Morgana touches my arm and look at her. "Focus on Arthur. I'll be fine." 

She ignores me and begins wrapping my cut up after cleaning it. "You need to take care of yourself as well." 

"We need to shut off the Castle." King Uther announces. 

"We can't." Arthur winces as Gwen wraps his arm up tightly. "There are people still out. They are trapped and need our help." He argues and I can't tell him that his wrong. 

"We will all die if we don't." King Uther states looking at his son. 

Arthur pulls himself to his feet and I join him. He looks at me and I nod to him. With a selection of knights behind him we exit the medical area with the King calling for Arthur to come back but no one listening to him. 

We get into the courtyard square with swords drawn. The three statues swoop down one at time taking out different knights each time. I shove Sir Leon out of the way and awkwardly land on top of him but we missed a grab from the statue which was worth it. I roll off him and Sir Ian holds his hand out to me. I use it to pull myself up.

"Are you alright?" He gives me such a look of concern. He notices my arm, "your injured, you should head back inside." 

I shake my head, "I'm fine, it's just a cut and we need every one out here." Turning my head I see Arthur looking at my arm where Sir Ian's hand sits. I pull my arm out of his grip and pull out my sword. 

"On me." Arthur calls and we all rush forwards. A statue lands and we attack. 

The attack was futile and we all ended up with more scratches and cuts. Some of knights have lost their lives and others are unconscious including Arthur. Moving towards him I check his breathing before keeping myself low to his body to hide from the statues.