Settling In

Apparently Sir Leon wasn't confident enough to question me but he was brave enough to go to Prince Arthur with his concerns. The Prince stands before me, "I heard you had some visitors last night." I eat the grapes and nod.

"Just some lost souls trying to find their own rooms." That lie came off better than the one I told last night. "I'm assuming Sir Leon spoke with you."

"He did." He grips the back of the chair. "He was concerned that you were being harassed."

"His concern his nice to hear but I'm fine." I rip off a piece of bread. I can feel Merlins eyes burning into me but I don't look at him. He seems to be able to suss out lies and I know he will make me give it away.

"Okay then." Prince Arthur pats the top of the chair. "I will speak to Sir Leon."

"Thank you." I rise as he heads to the door. "And Prince Arthur..."

"Please call me Arthur."

"Arthur.." He smiles as I say his name. "Thank you for your concern." He nods his head before leaving.

"Why are you lying?" I move towards Merlin quickly.

Whispering I say, "please don't say anything." I grab his arm as he gives me a hesitant look.

"Sir Leon said it looked like they were..." I cut him off.

"Please Merlin." I beg.

"MERLIN." Arthur yells from down the corridor.

I give him a look and he nods. "We can talk later." I nod, praying he forgets or is too busy to meet.

"MERLIN." Arthur yells once again. Merlin gives me a look of concern before dashing off out of the door. I let out my held in breath and sit back down. My appetite seems to have gone now so I pick up the plate and head to the kitchens.

*

After cleaning up my breakfast despite the cleaners protests, I decide to take a walk through the town. It's market day which means the streets are lined with stalls filled with food, jewellery and clothing.

As I travel through I find my appetite returning. I buy a bun from a baker and eat it as I browse the other stalls when I walk into someone. "Sorry." Looking up I see it's the Lady Morgana and Gwen. I laugh, "this is becoming a habit of mine."

Gwen laughs, "yes it seems so."

"Are you alright my Lady?" The Lady Morgana looks a bit disorientated.

"Just didn't sleep well." She smiles but I can see the worry in her eyes.

I smile at her, "I had trouble sleeping." She looks at me with eagerness in her eyes and I know what she wants to ask. "The trick I find is keeping yourself busy enough during the day that when it comes to night, you will sleep because your exhausted."

She nods, "I try to keep busy but there is only so much I can do." I smile at her in sympathy. "You must be busy, I wouldn't want to keep you."

"Not busy at all today. I believe the Knights aren't training and some are on a hunting trip so I was just admire the markets."

"Well then why don't you join me for lunch." She smiles, a brightness showing in her eyes rather than the cloud of worry.

"I would like that." Together the three of us continue to browse the markets, looking at anything and everything. It takes my mind of last night and the possibility of telling Merlin what was said to me.

*

We were halfway through lunch when a guard informed us that the King had called the court together. Despite my protests that I'm not in the court Morgana managed to convince me to attend and I stood off to the side out of the way.