Reality

The castle is never boring. That I can already tell after the last few days. True to his word Prince Arthur acquired me a quiet large, by my standards, room in the castle and his servant Merlin helped me to move my few items in there. He also sent for some clothing to be brought to me and Gwen (the Lady Morgana's handmaid) ensured I had everything I needed.

I don't wear dresses but the two that were brought to me were truly beautiful. I can hardly refuse a gift such as them but I doubt they will be worn. Mostly I wear tunics and trousers which provide better movement when training and generally are very comfortable. Somethings I wear a cardigan if I'm just walking.

Back to the past few days; the Lady Morgana (the King's ward) had a turn for the worst and then some mysterious man came in claiming to have a cure for all ills. This turned out just to be magic and that it was in fact him that was causing the affliction in the first place. Of course before the big reveal the palace walls were tense with anticipation for the Lady.  Giaus (the court physician) was the saviour alongside Merlin of course who kept his part hidden.

I played a minor part of being look out whilst they healed the King. I feel as though it's a break through to have some people I can trust. Giaus wasn't particularly happy when he found out I knew about Merlin's magic but after some reassurance from me that his secret was well kept, we've come to an agreement to share dinner once a week.

However, the only thing I have not yet been able to witness is a full training session which is what I am on my way to now when I run into Gwen. She drops the basket she's carrying and I quickly begin apologising, "Gwen I am so sorry. I was not looking where I was going and.."

She cuts me off, "no harm done." She laughs at my rambling. Picking it up I hand it back to her. "Where are you going in such a hurry?"

"The Knights are training today so I'm off to watch." She smiles at me as I grin in excitement.

After quickly saying goodbye I head to the training field. The knights are there in full armour just standing around talking. Some are swinging their swords whilst others are using their weapons as walking sticks.

A minute after I arrive Prince Arthur comes through with Merlin rushing behind him. Merlin smiles at me and joins me as the prince calls his men to order. They respond well and are soon lined up ready for the training session.

Prince Arthur pairs them up and tells them to practice sword strokes. He encourages them to try to confuse or shock their partner by changing side or the strength of the hit. It's a good tactic but one that requires a lot of stamina and strength.

"So what do you think?" Merlin asks.

"It's good. Organised sword strokes and Prince Arthur seems to be a good teacher."

With a cheeky grin Merlin says, "I'm sure Arthur would give you some training sessions."

"I have no right to ask for that and you know it."

Continuing to have that ridiculous grin on his face he argues, "I'm sure he wouldn't mind. You could do one to one sessions." Okay now the eyebrow wiggles are a clear sign.

"What are you getting at Merlin?" I give him a look.

"Only that it could be beneficial to both of you."

Before I can question his words Prince Arthur calls for one on one fights with him being the constant. It's a test of what they have learnt and of course so he can show up. Men and their egos.

He calls forward a young looking man who draws his sword as Prince Arthur spins his. Their swords clash but from the first hit it is clear who is the better swordsman. The young man tries his best and you can see from his face that he is giving his all. With a swift but powerful swing the knights sword falls to the floor.