Payment, in Full

You owe me, you owe us. Pay and she's free. FC

Now I know what I need to do. I just need to retrieve it and that be that. Grabbing my sword, I latch it around my waist before grabbing a bag. Loading up on the things I need, I exit the room and head out of the castle. Which seems very difficult as there are guards everywhere and even the knights.

What is happening?

Move and hide. I play this game for a while and eventually escape the city. Sweaty and aching from all the bending, I curse whatever or whoever is targeting the castle. I have more important things to do.

Taking off, I dive into the forest, following the route I made to the clearing where I first met Arthur and Merlin. Moving passed it, and turning right I get to the clearing I was at before I went after them. Locating the tree with the mark, I reach underneath and pull out a small bag. Quickly checking the item is still inside, it is placed inside my bag before I leave.

*

The journey to the town Eliza lives in takes all night to reach. Every now and then I peer into the bag to check the item is still in there. It's always been a fear that it would be discovered and the pain it can cause would ripple through the kingdoms.

Walking into the town, the past hits me. Memories of running down the streets in racing with the others. Practicing our fighting skills until our arms ached. Spending time with Eliza and her father by the fire, eating dinner and playing card games.

Finally I stop at his house. He's long since passed and the house became Eliza's. After what happened we barely spoke for a long but then I sent her a letter a few years ago and every time I moved (unless I was in trouble) then I would let her know where I was. Moving to Camelot, I got caught up so I didn't tell her.

Now she's in danger because of me. How did he come back without me knowing? I've kept tabs on him since he went on the run. He's wanted for several crimes across the five kingdoms and even the knights can't catch him.

Pushing open the door. I find a built, long blond haired and green eyed man grinning at me. The scar that runs from one side of his face to the other twitches as he does.

"Hello Finley." Getting to his feet, his grin turns to a smirk.

"Been a long time Amy." His deep voice ripples through my chest. That fear tries to seep in but I push it away. He doesn't scare me anymore. He can't scare me anyone. "You're looking good."

"Where's Eliza?" The house is a mess. The table's broken and so are some of the chairs. The fire seems the only thing that's still going strong. The rest of the room is flooded in darkness.

"Easy now love. We've got plenty of time for that. It's been years." This time he smiles. Aside from the scar he is a handsome man. Really the scar can make him look better to some eyes but not mine. Not after I gave it to him.

"You won't get anything till Eliza is handed over. There's nothing else to talk about." He chuckles.

"You haven't changed at all." Taking a step towards me, I watch his movement. He has a sword at his waist but it's clearly not his only weapon. "So fierce." Leaning forward, he runs a finger down my cheek. "And beautiful. Still not married I can see."

"Eliza, now!" He whistles and the floor creaks above. A few seconds later Eliza comes down the stairs with Ed behind him and another man, younger. Nearly an adult age.

"Amy." She cries out, tears streaking down her face and a fresh black eye.

My eyes turn to Ed. "I warned you. Now you're dead." He laughs. "I'm going punch you're head over and over again until you beg me to stop. You stupid bastard." Now he glares at me and starts forwards but Ed raises his hand and he stops.