Getting Through

Arthur beats Olaf, but then holds his hand out to him. "This is no way to conduct peace." Olaf takes his hand and helps him to his feet. Together they shake hands and seems everyone is relieved. Especially Uther.

Everyone heads back to the castle. I walk alongside Morgana and Gwen. They chat ideally about things but my mind is trapped within that kiss. It was different to any I've had before. At first he resisted but then everything just disappeared. It was only us.

"You seem in a better mood. What did you say to Arthur?" Morgana queries.

"I just straightened him out. Snapped him back to reality." They share a look before grinning at me. "And that's my lawful duty done." They chuckle.

*

Knock.

"Come in." I run the wet stone down the knife once again.

The door opens and Arthur slips into the room with a rose. Smiling he hands it to me. "Thought I should bring you this one myself."

"Thank you."

"I'm sorry. I don't know what was going on. I'm sorry for hurting you."

Sighing I look over at him. "It wasn't you. I know that but it wasn't something I enjoyed watching either." He takes a seat opposite me with his back to the door.

"I never loved her. I've only ever loved one." He said it. He actually said it to me.

Smiling at him, I lean over and take his hands in mine. "You're not the only one that feels this way. If only it was possible for us."

"It is. We can change things. When I'm King, I can make you my queen." He squeezes my hands.

"Arthur." His eyes meet mine. "I don't want either of us to get hurt so don't make promises you can't keep. I won't be the destruction of this Kingdom."

"You aren't and you won't. If today's anything to go by then love can bear anything." He's smile makes me smile.

"Alright. But until things change, I'm just an ordinary woman and you're a prince." Walking round the table he leans down and presses his lips onto mine. "That I'll allow." He chuckles.

*

The Kings are leaving. The treaty is signed and peace is set. King Alined shackles his jester to his horse. "You will run all the way home. You are a disgrace."

"Anyone would think you didn't want peace Alined." Olaf teases.

"Peace? Love it." He clicks his heels and his horse trots off with his servant trailing behind. I feel no pity for that man. But still it's hardly his fault for doing what the King wanted.

Olaf helps Viviane to her horse. She's smiling and waving at Arthur who gives her a small awkward wave back. The King looks to him and bows his head. Arthur shows the same respect before Olaf's gaze turns to me.

"I would offer you to come with us but I think your loyalty shows."

"It would have been my honour but as you said, my loyalty and my family are here." I bow my head to him.

"The offer you heard the other night will still be open." Then he walks away and my jaw drops before I close it again. Arthur gives me a questioning look but turns back with someone calling his attention.

As the King's leave, we head inside. Merlin walks between us. "I saw what happened in that tent."

"And if you say about about it." I let Arthur finish that sentence.