A New Arrival

Blinking awake, I find myself looking at a ceiling I recognise. It's mine, well similar. "She's awake." Morgana's worries voice reaches my ears.

"Amy? Can you hear me?" Giaus peers down at me.

"Yeah." My voice is croaky and weak.

"Take it easy. Drink this." He places a cup on my lips and I gulp down the liquid. "You'll feel weak. That's from the lack of sleep and dehydration." He explains. "No rushing off."

Helping me, they get me to a siting up position where I notice I'm not in my bed but a different chamber similar to mine. Morgana, Gwen, Merlin and Giaus all give me concerned looks.

"Eliza? The baby?"

Giaus smiles, "both healthy and recovering. It's you were worried about. A nasty gash on the back of your head, smoke in your lungs and being awake for a few nights."

Merlin fills in any gaps. "Eliza told us what happens with Finley Carver and her husband Ed. You went to save her?" I nod. "Why did you take anyone with you?"

"It was safer to handle him alone." I take another sip of the drink. Merlin goes to tell me off but I interrupt. "You don't know him like I do. He uses people and having anyone else there would have just made them a target. He thought I was the same little girl who left all those years ago but I wasn't and he lost because he underestimated me."

"So it's true. He's dead." Arthur joins us. He looks angry but mostly concerned. "You knew Finley and you never said anything."

"I've been tracking him for years and he knew that. He wouldn't stay anywhere long enough and it didn't matter what I did, he always got away."

"How did you get to him this time?" Morgana questions.

"There was an item. We found it back when we were a group. It didn't look like much, just a rock, but it wasn't until later did we find out it was magic." Arthur goes to interrupt. "We argued about what to do. Finley wanted to use it to kill all those with magic. His family had power and they died for their own 'mistakes' as he called them. He killed them."

"Where is this rock now?" Arthur questions.

"Gone in the fire."

"If it was magic, surely fire wouldn't have destroyed it." Arthur argues, looking at Giaus who looks at me. Quickly I give him a begging look before hiding it behind curiosity.

"It depends. Some magical objects could be destroyed by simple means. It was made so they wouldn't get in the wrong hands." Giaus gives me a look of 'we'll talk later'.

Arthur then turns back to me. "How did you know where this object was?"

"Finley has rallied the others to agree to use it except for me and Eliza. But he didn't value our opinions anyways so I took the rock and ran. He hunted me so I hid it and forgot about it." Arthur gives me a look. "It was years ago and I was more afraid he was going to kill me than your father. I didn't know what it did or even if Finley was lying. Then Eliza went missing and I found a note. He wanted it back."

"And you took it to him." I nod. "It defiantly went in the fire?" I nod again.

"I watched it burn before he attacked to get to it and ended up on fire himself. The whole place started burning." I finish the story with how we got here and that was that. They believed me. Although I know I'd have to tell the truth to the other two.

Arthur sits on the bed facing me. "Next time come to me. It would be easier to handle this together."

"You seemed to have your hands full with something and I could handle Finley." He chuckles. "You can ask the town folk, they knew him before I did but they were always more scared of him." He nods.