Wedding Part 1

My feelings are confirmed when I go to Giaus' chambers. They both turn to me the second I enter and close the door behind me. "What do you know?" Once again they both just stare at me. "Don't lie to me or try to shield me from the truth. I know somethings up so out with it."

"She's a troll. Catrina is a troll." I wait for a smirk, grin or eruption of laughter but none come. Merlin is usually right about these things.

"Okay." A silence falls for a few minutes. "What does she want?"

Merlin steps towards me, "we think she's infecting the King but I don't know what she wants."

"Trolls want wealth and power." Giaus explains. "She's after the kingdom."

"Does Arthur know?" Merlin shakes his head. "And he won't believe you off the cuff. You need evidence." I run my fingers through my pony tail. "That's not going to be easy to get either. What about her servant?"

"He's some sort of lizard thing." Great description Merlin.

"Okay well why don't we check out her room." They both look at me as I continue, "I'll invite her to lunch, get Morgana to do it and keep her distracted whilst you check the room. Plan?" It's agreed and I head to Morgana's room to get things in motion.

Of course she agrees to arrange lunch but I didn't tell her about the real reason just that I would like to get to know Catrina better. She thought it was a wonderful idea.

Heading back to my room I swing around the corner and straight into someone falling right on top of them. Looking up I meet the blue eyes of one Arthur Pendragon. If he were alone this would be better but he happens to be with a group of Knights.

Instantly I am helped to my feet and him as well. "I am so sorry. I didn't look where I was going."

He chuckles, "it's fine." He smiles at me and I realise I'm getting drawn into him so turn my attention to the Knights. Sir Leon and Sir Ian are part of the group.

"Are you alright?" Sir Ian asks, clearly concerned for me.

"I am fine. Just clumsy that's all." They laugh and I roll my eyes. "Where are you all off to?"

Sir Leon smiles, "for some lunch in town. I haven't seen you at our last few training sessions." He says it as a statement but looks at me as though it's a question.

"I've completely forgot about the schedule. I'll need another copy, I'm afraid I must have misplaced the other." Sir Ian and Arthur speak at the same time.

"I'll bring one to you." Sir Ian instantly backs off.

"I'm sure Prince Arthur can bring you one." He nods to him before turning back to me.

"Thank you." I smile at them all. "I must be going. Things to do." Skipping round them I begin my scolding of myself as I head back to my room. Falling on top of him and luckily not being caught in those perfect eyes of his. How hard this is?

Suddenly, his words echo in my mind. Naive, girl, and his fed up look as though he was finished with me. Despite our recent conversation, somethings have been a wake up call to me. Arthur is a Prince and I need to remember that despite any feelings involved, nothing can nor will happen between us. At least nothing official or permanent.

The reality of this hurts but I knew it from the start. Maybe I'm not hearing Arthur's words as a threat or to hurt me but more as a reminder of our situation. Saying them, even in my own mind, sets myself on the correct path.

*

I sit at lunch with Morgana and Catrina. She doesn't eat anything but we have an assortment of bread, chicken, cheeses and fruits. All very nice to the taste.