To Survive

We don't get far before we are surrounded by men with swords pointed at us. I can't take them all on so I drop the sword.

We are grabbed and taken down a tunnel. We're lead out and find Lancelot tied up on the floor. He is shocked to see us and looks down at the ground with a hurt look. I'm dumped on the ground and Gwen next to me.

Hengist laughs at us. Then he tells them to let the wilderbeast free. He throws a sword in. Lancelot grabs it and we all retreat to the corner as the beast enters.

I hold Gwen behind me as Lancelot fights the beast back. Suddenly someone jumps into the cage. He turns to us and it's Arthur. He and Lancelot fight the beast, keeping it back.

"MERLIN, it's not time for a nap, get in here." Merlin climbs over and joins us. Moving round we move together and away from the wilderbeast.

Hengist, now entering the cage, draws his sword. He comes charging towards us as we dive down the tunnel. As I go I break the chain dropping the gate and trapping Hengist with the beast. He looks at all of us.

"Now it's your turn to pay the price." Turning I head down the tunnel. The others all follow me and we make our way towards the exit. Lancelot takes my hand as we go down and get to an exit.

Arthur looks at me then my hand with Lancelots and looks away. I let go of his hand and we all exit.

We walk for a while before finding a clearing and settle there. Merlin builds a fire whilst I sit next to it. The flames grow and dance across the wood. The heat hits me and I should feel warm and better but I don't.

Lancelot and Gwen sit together talking. Merlin is looking after the fire and prepping the cooking supplies whilst Arthur is standing by a tree looking out at the forest. Jumping to my feet I begin looking around, "what do you see?" Arthur looks at me. "Arthur, are we under attack?"

"No. I'm just... are you okay?" He gives me a look of concern.

"Yeah I'm fine." I sit back down but keep an eye on the trees.

Lancelot comes over and sits next to me. He wraps an arm around me, "it's okay you know." I turn to him. "You did what you had to."

I shove him off and move away from the fire. He's wrong. I made huge mistakes in there. I killed people in there.

I lean against the tree and grip my side. Raising my tunic, I look to see several bruises. Some are a purpley blue colour. They are painful but not as bad as the cuts I have from all the fights.

"Are you...AMY." Gwen stands in front of me staring at the bruises. I drop the tunic. "Why didn't you say anything?" She moves forwards to touch me but I step backwards.

"Don't. It's fine."

"What? What is it?" Arthur questions.

Gwen looks at them, "she's covered in bruises."

"I'm fine." Merlin comes over. "I said I'm fine." I glare at him. "Just back off."

*

After my outburst I sat myself against the tree and just watched them. They didn't try to come towards me again and Merlin made some food then they all slept.

"Have you been up all night?" Merlin asks.

"I couldn't sleep." He sits next to me. "I just kept picturing their faces. The ones I fought against and.."

"It's okay. You did what you had to." He tries to reassure.

"It doesn't feel like that." I stand up as the others wake.