Saving Time

The hunt for the druid boy was still going on the next morning. Upon arriving at Morgana's room I find Arthur and his henchmen inside. They are searching her room, of course. "Arthur thinks the druid boy has been hiding in my room." She tells me as if he isn't behind the curtain.

"He thought he was in my room last night." I look at Morgana but can see Arthur getting frustrate by our conversation.

"He did? What did he do?" She asks.

"Raided my room. Apparently he was in my wardrobe." I roll my eyes.

"Alright." Arthur decides to intervene. "I have to check the whole castle." Is his justification.

Morgana nods, "okay. The druid boy is behind my curtain." Luckily I don't react because I didn't expect her to say it. "If you don't believe me go look."

"So you can make a fool out of me?" Arthur responds.

"You do that all by yourself." I smile at her comeback and Arthur notices.

"Fine." He calls that they are done and they all leave.

"That was one big gamble." I admit and let out a breath.

She laughs, "I knew he wouldn't take the bait. Ego is too involved."

Pulling back the curtain we both look at Merlin and the boy. Kneeling down I ask, "how is he?"

"Not doing much better. I need to get Giaus to look at him but I know what he will say." Merlin looks conflicted.

"Get him." I tell him. "What good is all of this if the boy dies?"

Merlin leaves and I take a soaked cloth, placing it on the boys head. He relaxes slightly from the cool touch but I am more concerned with his eyes. They are rolled backwards a bit.

I look at Morgana, "take some rest. I'll look after him for now." She hesitates looking at him. "You need to be alright if we're going to get him out of here. Take a few hours sleep and I'll wake you."

She reluctantly agrees.

*

Giaus' treatment begins working quickly and soon enough we are figuring out our plan to get him out. Morgana is insistent upon getting the boy out, knowing if she is caught then she will be less likely to get killed for it. Reluctantly I'll have to stay out of it completely which is why I will be in my room. Not that I'm a suspect of course.

However, I think it's worse staying here and not knowing what's happened. I order some food but only pick at it. I can't sit still and the result is pacing. That is until the warning bell is sounding across the castle. It can only mean one thing, they failed.

I try to sleep, but find it too difficult to settle so I change before heading out. I knock on Arthur's room and he opens it with blurry eyes and....shirtless. Heat hits my cheeks and I instantly look away. His eyes widen and he quickly closes the door. I let out a breath as he does.

About a minute later he reappears with a red tunic on and those golden locks all over the place. He smiles, "Amy, what can I do for you?"

"I heard the warning bell earlier and couldn't sleep until I find what's happening." He opens the door and I enter his chambers.

"We've found the Druid boy. As it turned out Morgana was hiding him." He walks over to his table. He turns back to me, "but you already knew that." He crossed his arms over his chest and gives me a look.

"He's just a boy Arthur born with something he had no choice with."

He sighs, "I can't change my fathers mind."