Chapter 13 Things Are Good

"Here comes the good part" Tord said as he was watching the movie. Edd made sure to pay extra attention to this scene.

Edd looked up at Tord, and realized that he was mouthing the words. "How many times did you watch this, exactly?" Edd asked

Tord looked over at Edd, seeming a little embarrassed. "Well... enough times..."

"Enough times to know every word?"

"Uh..." The horned man paused "... The number of times doesn't matter"

Edd rolled his eyes "Whatever you say, Horns"

"That's a weird name. Horns" Tord commented.

"Not really, you have horns. What do you expect me to call you? Red Guy? I don't know, nicknames are fun" Edd answered.

Tord chuckled at that one name, "Red Guy..."

Edd tried not to laugh back. "Pffft... it was the first thing that came to mind"

There was silence as they were focused on the movie. But Tord soon zoned out and was now focusing on his thoughts.
You literally just met Edd a few days ago, Tord. What are you doing? You confessed that you were a criminal and here you are. How is he so okay with this?
He decided to ask.

"Edd? Can I ask you something?" Tord asked, turning his head to Edd.

Edd looked back at him, giving a comforting smile "Of course! What is it?"

"How are you so okay with who I was? About how I used to be...bad...?" Tord looked away from Edd's gaze for a moment.

Edd thought for a moment, dropping his smile for a more serious look. "Well..." He started "I'm not too sure, actually..." He paused for a moment. "I'm guess I try to look for the good in people, even when they're really bad. Everyone deserves a second chance, right?" Tord didn't respond, he wasn't too sure about that. Edd just decided to continue, "...And... well... when I look at you, I don't see a bad guy... I see..." He put a hand on Tord's shoulder. "A guy that deserves a second chance. You're a good person, Tord. I know it!" Edd gave him a pure smile, like he meant it.

"Heh... to be honest... you're the first person to actually say something like that to me..." Tord looked away, not really sure what to feel. "Thanks, Edd"

"No problem, Tord" Edd let go of Tord's shoulder. "I know you could just be manipulating me but... at the moment I don't really care"

Tord then replied, "No, I would never"

"If you say so, I believe you" Edd sounded so genuine.

Tord felt glad to have Edd around, he's a nice person. Tord felt comfort with with Edd, when he isn't worrying about what Edd thinks of him. Why should I even care? I never have cared before. Tord glanced over back at Edd, who was now watching the movie again. Ugh, I hate not understanding things

The horned man then felt something rest on his arm. It was Edd.
He felt his face heat up.
Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no
Tord, you're not gay
stop being flustered by this!
Actually, now that I think about it, I might be bi...
NOT THE TIME, TORD.
You're straight, you're not attracted to a man you met a few days ago.

He looked down back at Edd, who was oblivious to the panic that was happening in Tord's thoughts.
Why is he cute?
Why did I say that?

He looked over back at the TV and mentally facepalmed.
Oh, dritt... I might be gay for Edd

The movie was now almost over, both males getting tired. It was late and Edd soon realized he still has work in the morning. But he didn't really care that much.