Chapter 18 A Walk

"Hey, uh... I can't come to work today..." Edd said to the person on the phone, who was his boss.

"Oh, why Edd? Are you sick?" The female on the other end asked.

"No... I-... someone who I was close to..." Edd took a deep breath "...died. I just don't think I'll be able to-"

"No need to explain, Edd. I understand. Come back to work when you're ready" She responded.

"A-are you sure? If you need me to be there I-I'll go"

"No, no. We're fine here. You have a lot on your plate"

"Okay... thanks, Laurel"

They said their goodbyes and ended the call.

Not too long later, a knock was heard from Edd's door. He went up to it and opened. It was Tord.

"Hey! I just came to say... hi... and uh... how are you doing?" Tord asked, with a little smile on his face.

"How did you get inside the apartment building?" Edd asked.

Tord stared blankly for a few moments trying to think of a excuse. Then he said, "Not important"

Before Edd could say it kind was, Tord continued, "So, I was thinking maybe you should put that camera to use? Go to the forest, maybe? Have some fun?"

Edd raised an eyebrow "How did you know about my camera?"

"You... told me... remember..?"

Edd then remembered, around the time he told Tord about what happened. To Matt. "Oh, right"

"So... what do ya say? Practice your photography skills?" Tord suggested once again.

Edd glanced behind him at the living room table. Where the Polaroid camera sat. There also laid a few cola cans. He thought for a moment then said, "Fine. Why not?" Edd gave a small smile.

"Yay!" Tord smiled happily. I'm glad Edd is coming out of his house, this is improvement!

Edd walked over to the table and grabbed the camera. He exited the house with Tord.

They made their way to the forest, they walked pretty deep into it.

"See anything worth taking a photo of?" Tord asked.

"Yup" Edd answered.

"Oh? What is-" Tord was cut off by Edd taking a photo of him.

"You" Edd said simply, taking the black photo that came out of the camera.

"Pfft- okay... whatever..." Tord tried looking not so flustered. "Lemme see" Edd handed him the photo.

"You're lucky I look good in this" Tord said and handed it back to Edd

"Why? If you didn't, then what would've happened? Hm?" Edd asked, joking around with him.