Chapter 14 The Camera

After work, Edd went to his place and got changed out of his work outfit and into his green hoodie. He quickly went his way to the hospital to Matt. But on the way there, he found an old camera poking out of a garbage can.

"Huh, I wonder why someone would throw this away" He said to himself. Edd quickly glanced around to make sure no one was around, and he quickly grabbed the camera. It seemed to be in good shape, it was a Polaroid, which made Edd wonder even more why someone would trash it. "I wonder if it still works... I'll try it out on Matt when I get there!" He then continued walking to the hospital.

Once Edd was done with getting to Matt's room stuff, he came in with a smile and greeted his friend "Hey Matt!"

Matt smiled back "Edd! You're finally here. It's super boring here, you should be quicker next time" He then added, "I'm joking, I don't care"

"Yeah, I sort of found something on the way here" Edd said as he sat down on the chair next to Matt's bed.

"What is it?" Matt asked, sitting up. He seemed interested.

Edd pulled out the Polaroid "Ta da!"

"Woah! Where did you find that?" Matt asked, surprised.

Edd, embarrassed, laughed "Well... sort of in the... garbage"

"Ew"

"Don't worry! I used the hand sanitizer out on the front desk! So, it isn't dirty and neither am I" Edd stated.

"Still, you grabbed it out from a garbage can"

Edd then said, "But it's still in good shape! I just need to test it out..." He looked at the camera then back at Matt "Care to contribute to the test?"

Matt shook his head and looked away "No, I look terrible! No way I'm getting my picture taken-" There was a click. He looked back at Edd who was holding the camera up to his face. "Edd" Is all he said.

Edd noticed that Matt was looking at him and he quickly lowered the camera "Hehe..." A black picture slid out of the camera. Edd took it out and waved it around.

"You know that does nothing, right?"

Edd nodded "I know, it's just a thing I do" after a bit, the picture finally showed a image of Matt. Edd smiled at the picture.

"Well? Let me see!" Matt tried to grab the picture from Edd's hands, but Edd moved away before he could.

"What's the magic word?" Edd teased.

"Please?" Matt guessed.

Edd thought for a moment "Nope"

Matt thought to himself, then finally got it "Cola!"

"Ding ding! Here you go" Edd handed Matt the picture. Matt examined it.

 Matt examined it