Chapter 3: Making New Friends

"Rosie!" Marlon shouts as you and the others walk up to the entrance gate. "Where the hell is she?" Marlon asked as he looks around then turns to Louis. "You give him his weapon back?" He asked, gesturing towards Clem. Clem smiles and pulls out his knife.

"Good. We're gonna need you to put it to use. We've got a hunting party out there trying to get back inside. Need our help to clear the way. Seems to be a few more than usual these last couple days." Marlon said as he turns to the blonde haired girl that Clem saw earlier. "It's almost like something drew their attention. Something like...I don't know...an explosion. Or a car crash." She sneered as she glares over at you and Clem then turned to face the gate.

"Vi..." Marlon said, exasperated. 

"What?" She asked, annoyed. "Just saying. There's got to be some explanation."

"Look, we didn't know any of that was gonna happen." You said to her.
"Sorry if it's caused you guys problems." She just glares over at you then turns away again. Louis clears his throat and said. "Hello, Clement and (y/n). I'm Violet. Nice to meet you." And he gestures towards Violet. "What he said." Violet grumbles.

"All right, boys and girls. They're starting to fill in!" Willy shouts down at you guys from the tower. "Come on." Violet said as she opens the gate door. "Be careful out there." Marlon said to you and Clem as he pulls out an arrow from his pack and runs off.

"Don't mind Violet. She uh....grows on you. I promise." Louis said as he brings up a chair leg, with nails sticking out of the top, and leans it against his shoulder. You and Clem look at his weapon with curiosity.
"Oh, this? It's a chair leg. I call it Chairles." He said then he walks away. You chuckle at this while Clem rolls his eyes and both of you walk to the gate.

As you two walk out, Clem shuts the door before AJ could follow you guys.
"Guys! Lemme help!" He exclaims and you and Clem turn to him. "We need you to watch our backs. Call out from inside if you see anything. Cool?" Clem said to him. "Okay..." AJ said.

"See you on the other side." You said to him and you and Clem start walking out towards the woods as Clem pulls out his knife and you unsheathed your sword.

Violet used a butcher knife on a walkers head and kicks it away from her while Louis swings Chairles at another walker. And Marlon shoots another Walker with his arrow.

"Clem! (Y/N)! Monster!" AJ calls out as a few walkers start to come towards you and Clem. You sliced the knees of one walker and stabbed it in the head as it fell to its knees while Clem kicks another walker in the knee and stabbed it in the head.

"Whoa. Nice one, guys!" Louis calls out as he stands next to a large tree. "Could use a little finesse, though. Watch and learn." He said and he turns around, facing a walker. "Hey! Over here! Follow me!" He shouts at the walker. The walker comes towards him and Louis pulls out a knife and cuts a rope next to the tree, which caused a giant boulder to fall and crush the walker. "And that's how you school a walker." He gloats as you looked at this impressed.

"That's pretty cool." You muttered to Clem, who nodded in agreement.
"There's a whole bunch of traps laying around this area for these asshats. They're all marked, so keep a look out!" Louis shouted and you and Clem looked around to see a few trees with some ropes attached to them. You and Clem split up and go to a couple of trees and cut the ropes, crushing a couple of walkers.

Then you two stabbed and sliced at a couple of walkers that weren't in range of the traps. "Looks like they made it back in one piece." Marlon said as you guys see a few torches run across the forest in the distance.
"C'mon, we'll meet 'em halfway." Marlon said and you guys run over to them, while also deploying the traps on the walkers or stab them.