Chapter 8: Suffer The Children

The next morning, Clem woke up and sits up in bed to see you and AJ were not in the bed across from him. He looks around the room to see you and AJ were kneeling on the floor in front of what looked like a small heater. You turned and had a small smile on your face.

"Hey, Sleeping Beauty." You teased as AJ picks up a large mug filled with coffee. "Made you some coffee." AJ said as he walks over to Clem. "It was in the kitchen. Tenn said that I could have some. I didn't steal it. (Y/N) can vouch for me." He said, worried that Clem would be mad.

He hands Clem the mug and he takes a sip of it and sighs with content. "I'm surprised you remember how to make it. We haven't had coffee in a long time." He said as he smiles at AJ. "You put it in hot water." AJ said and Clem slightly frowns. "You're right. Thanks." He mutters and he takes another sip.

AJ looks between you and Clem and said. "Last night, with Marlon? I heard Louis, and...and what he called me." You and Clem look at him, concerned, as he looks down at the floor then looks up. "Am I a murderer?" He asked.

*Last Night*

The rain continued to pour down on you as all of you stare at Marlon's dead body. "No!" Louis shouts. "Oh my God!" Omar exclaimed. "Shit!" Violet yelled. "We could get medicine. From the nurse's office." Ruby said as she looks around at the others.

"He's dead! The kid blew his brains out!" Mitch shouts. "You shot him. He's dead. You're a murderer." Louis said to AJ in shock and AJ frowns at him. "You promised Marlon! You said you'd help him fix things! What the fuck did you two teach this kid?!" He asked you and Clem, fearfully.

*Present Day*

"Louis called me a murderer. But...but we're supposed to kill bad stuff. Monsters? Did I do it bad?" AJ asked you and Clem as Clem sets his mug on the dresser. "Louis was right. Sometimes people do bad things, like Marlon did." You said to him and he looks at you in shock.

"But when you shot him, AJ, he wasn't a threat to us anymore. If you kill someone when they're no longer threatening you, that's murder." Clem finished and AJ frowns. He turns away and walks over to his bed. "What are we gonna do?" He asked.

*Last Night*

The kids start to surround you and Clem. Mitch, who was standing next to you, clenches his fist. You jump in fear when Violet walks out in front of AJ but facing the others, pointing her cleaver at them. "Back off! All of you!" She screamed. 

"I talked Marlon down, and then they fucking murdered him!" Louis shouts but Violet looks over at you and Clem. "Take AJ, go inside." She said as she points towards the building. 

"Come on, let's go." You said to AJ as you and Clem walk up to him. "Oh, just let them go back to the dorms?! What happens the next time one of us does something this kid doesn't like? Should we expect a bullet, too?" Louis asked Violet, angrily, as you and Clem push AJ behind both of you. 

"That's not what happened." Violet said to him. "It's exactly what happened! It was over, 'til Mr Trigger-Happy decided otherwise!" Louis argues. "No, he wouldn't do that! He'd never hurt any of you!" You defended and everyone glares at you.
"Marlon threatened us! He had (y/n) in a choke hold and a gun to her head!" Clem yelled.

"AJ pointed the gun first!" Louis shouts.

"We get it, Louis, just back off, okay?" Violet said to him. "Back off? Seriously?!" Louis screams at her. Clem takes your hand in his and whispered. "Let's go." 

*Present Day*

"Guys? If I'm a murderer, am I gonna die, too?" AJ asked as he turns to you two. "What? No." You said as you go and sit next to Clem. "Well, I think murderers are like monsters, and....I know what happens to monsters. Nothing good." AJ said.