Chapter 21: Take Us Back

Since I can remember....Clem and (y/n) have always been there with me. They taught me to be careful. To be quiet. To be strong.

To save the last bullet for me.

To atone when I do something bad.

To show mercy, sometimes.

I always listened to Clem and (y/n). But...I've been thinking more.

I don't know if they're right every time.

(y/n) told me to shoot her or Clem if either of them got bit.

That doesn't feel right.

We're doing a lot of bad things.

To save our friends.

To protect our home.

And when Clem told me not to shoot Lilly.

I got mad. So mad.

But then (y/n) killed Lilly....

And I don't....I don't know what I feel anymore.

I don't know if Clem and (y/n) know either.

But I remember all the rules.

And the first one....

Is never go alone.

You groan and slowly open your eyes to realize that you were still on the boat. You shake your head slightly and look over to see Clem was sitting next to you. You look around and realized that you and Clem were up against the side railings of the boat. The boat started to creak and turn when you heard something slide next to you.

You look to your right and saw Lilly's dead body. You gasped as you stare at what you did to her. Oh my God! I did that! You thought in shock. In that moment, it didn't feel real, it felt like a dream...bad or good, you weren't for sure.

"(Y/n)..." you hear someone groan. You look to your left and see that Clem was waking up. "Oh my God...you're okay!" You exclaimed and a small smile appears on his face. He looks around then back at you. "We need to get go!" He said and you nod then both of you start to slowly get up.

Another loud explosion goes off and this makes both of you trip. But then Clem's hat falls off of his head. Clem gasps and tries to catch it but he misses as the hat falls into the walker infested water. Clem's eyes widen for a moment before he starts to frown. "Clem....I'm so sorry." You said to him, softly. He closes his eyes for a moment then shakes his head. "It doesn't matter right now. We need to get off of this boat. Fast!" He said and you nod, firmly, at him.

"Clem! (Y/n)!" You hear AJ shout in fear. Both of you turn and see AJ hanging on to a piece of the boat. "Hang on! We're coming!" Clem shouts and you two start to run towards one of the life boats in front of you just as another explosion goes off. Both of you land in the boat as safely as you guys could. Clem looks down at the water then back up to AJ.

"AJ, you have to trust me. On the count of three, let go and I'll catch you." Clem shouts to him. "Promise?" AJ asked. "Promise." Clem said just as another loud boom goes off, making the lifeboat shake. You gasped as you almost fall out of the boat but you were able to regain your composure before falling over. Clem looks over at you and you nod at him. He smirks then looks back up at AJ then said. "One. Two. Three!"

AJ let's go and starts to fall and almost pass the lifeboat but Clem reaches out and grabs his arm. "Hury, Clem!" AJ said and Clem pulls him up into the boat. AJ takes a few moments to catch his breath before looking up at you two. "Now what?" He asks. "We need to find a way down. This ship isn't gonna stay afloat much longer." You said just as a loud explosion goes off again.