Chapter 18: You've Got People That Need You

"It looks like things are coming together." You said to Ruby as you and the boys walk into the music room. "We still need to figure out lighting, music, and something to write on that banner." Ruby said as you hand her the coffee heater. "If we're gonna die, we should have some fun first." Clem said as you go over to the banner.

"Are we using the banner for some kind of...party theme?" You asked Ruby. "Not exactly. It's meant to be more motivational. I'd keep it short, though. There's not as much room as you'd think. I was thinking uplifting like We're gonna get through this." Ruby said. "Straight and to the point: We're getting them back." You replied. "Yeah. We sure are. Okay. We'll have Tenn break out his paintbrush and write it out." She said and you smile as Clem goes over to the colored candle holders.

"Wouldn't be a party without some kind of mood lighting. I've been going back and forth between colors for ages." Ruby said to him as she walks up next to him. Clem smiles as he looks between the three colors; red, purple and green. "Red. Definitely red." He said. "I'll make it happen." Ruby said and both of you walk over to the gramophone.

"Pulled out the old headmaster's gramophone so we could play some records. Not much of a selection, but it should do." Ruby said. "Wouldn't happen to have any good jazz records, would you?" You asked her. "Oh, yeah, the old music teacher was a big fan. Pretty cool guy up until he ditched us all." Ruby replied.

"What's jazz sound like?" AJ asked. "It'll make sense when you hear it." Louis said to him. "This place is gonna look great." Ruby said then Louis and AJ start to walk away. "Oh, and Willy was asking for you, Clem. He's up in Marlon's office, said he had a surprise for the party, but he want to show it to you first." She said and Clem nods.

He looks over at you and you take his hand and squeeze it. He smiles at you then goes upstairs to talk to Willy, which was about a bomb and to blow up the boat. Clem told him that that's crazy and could get you and the others killed but Willy assured him that he could make it to where the bomb would go off later, in time for everyone to get out of the boat.

"Okay, everybody, get ready to boogie." Ruby shouts minutes later and Clem and Willy make their way downstairs. Although, Willy told Clem that he was sorry for how he treated Tenn but Clem told him to tell that to Tenn.

Clem walks down the stairs and hears the music playing then he sees AJ starting to dance while you and Louis laugh. Willy goes over to Tenn and shows him the bomb he's making and the two sit down and discuss it. "Wow, this looks great, Ruby!" Clem said as she walks up to him. "Couldn't have done it without you and (y/n). But just wait until you see what else I've got planned. Go ahead and mingle. I'll let you know when it's time." She said as she walks off.

Clem smiles and goes over to Tenn and Willy. "I see you two are working together." He said to the two young boys. "Yeah, Willy asked me to help with his special project." Tenn said.
"Well, that's good." Clem said. "Is it ready?"

"Good to go, Clem." Willy said.

"It'll work." Tenn assured.

"Actually, uh... I was thinking maybe we should name it?" Willy said. "Yeah, we absolutely have to name it." Clem said. "I thought you'd make fun of me, but...hell yeah, let's name this fucker." Willy exclaims. "How about Mitch's Masterpiece?" Clem suggests. "Yeah, I like that." Willy said, smiling.

"Mitch would've too." Ruby said.

"Okay, then it's settled." Clem said as he stands up and sees not only AJ dancing but you and Louis dancing as well, or more like you and Louis were just doing a silly dance together. You two were laughing as you guys do a silly waltz. Clem smiles as he folds his arms across his chest and watches, Louis looks over your shoulder and see Clem then he smiles.