Chapter 22: Final Lesson

You and the boys run around the corner when you guys see James. "James!" AJ exclaims, happily. James nods at him but glares over at you. You raise an eyebrow at him until you guys hear walkers coming behind you. You guys start to run until you and Clem stop to see a cave. 

"We have to move!" James said and Clem runs up to the cave opening. "We'll have to squeeze through there." Clem said as he gestures towards the cave. "We don't know where it goes...." Tenn said. "Well, we do know there're walkers in the other direction." You said to him. 

"But--"

"Move it, dummy!" AJ said as he starts to run into the cave. Tenn frowns but follows AJ into the cave. You and Clem start to walk into the cave but James walks up to you. "I saw your eyes when you did it. I saw the bloodlust in them." He said to you. "What are you talking about?" Clem asked James, suspiciously. "Nothing. Go." James said to you two. Clem glares at him then he turns to you and gestures for you to go first.

You walk in the cave and Clem and James follow you. You guys get inside of the cold dark cave when you said. "We're safe, but not for long..." Clem turns towards the entrance and hears all of the walkers. "Damn it, it's so dark in here." You muttered. "We can't move forward without a way to see." James points out. "We'll figure something out." Clem said and you and him start to look around the cave to make a torch.

Eventually, Clem found a rock he could use for flint when he strikes his knife across the surface. You were looking through a woodpile when Tenn walks up to you. "(Y/n), did you guys....did you guys see Minnie out there? I didn't see her anywhere. But that doesn't mean she escaped." He asked. "I saw her on the beach. She was bitten, Tenn." You replied, softly, to him. Tenn frowns then said. "So she'll go to the next place. With Sophie. They can be together. That's good." He said, sadly, and you give a sympathetic look before you go back to your search.

Finally, you found a dry stick and a cloth off of a corpse. So you take the cloth and wrap it at the tip of the stick while Clem comes up to you and uses his knife and rock to make a fire. "All right. Okay. Good." You said as you hold up the torch and you and Clem look across the lake. "Look, there's another tunnel over there." Clem said as he points across.

"It's too far." AJ points out. "Well, we just gotta...we gotta find something to help us cross." You said just as you hear the walkers getting closer. "The walkers are getting closer." James said and you look and see a few pretty decent size rocks in the middle. "Don't worry. We'll be home before you know it." Clem assures them as you set the torch down and look over the rocks.

Hmm. Rocks are too small to walk across. But they might stop something flowing downriver. you thought then you look over to your left and see a log. You run over to it and look it over. If I yank that out of there, it would drift down the river and get caught in the rocks. Could work as a bridge. You thought then you start to push the log but it wouldn't budge.

"Hey, Clem! Can you help me with this?" You asked and he runs over to you and both of you push the log off and it drifts down the stream until it hits the rocks. "Okay. We just need to go across one by one, and then we'll move the rocks out of the way, and then I'll take--" you started to say when a walker grabs Tenn, who let's out a scream. All of you jump and turn when James runs over and punches the walker down then he and Tenn run to the bridge.

As they cross, Clem picks up the torch then starts to swing it at some walkers as you and AJ walk across the log bridge. But when swinging the torch on a walker, it sets it on fire then another walker walks past it and it catches on fire. You and AJ make it over to the other side and you turn around. "Clement!" You shout and he runs to the log and starts to walk across it.

He was about half way when a walker hits the log, making Clem fall on his knees. He stands up and walks across the log until he got to the end of the log. He jumps to the riverbank just as a flaming walker lands on top of the other end of the log, breaking it. But luckily, Clem makes it over and you go and help him up then you guys head into the tunnel, which had multiple archways.