Chapter 13: Deadeye

You and Clem climb up the ladder to the outpost then look out to see a few walkers scattered about. "The raiders....that guy. He's gonna be with them." AJ said as he looks through the binoculars. "Abel. Yeah." Clem said. 

"Your bad dreams. They're all about him, aren't they?" You asked AJ, who lowers his binoculars. "Yeah." He said. He raises the binoculars but then set them down as he looks up at you two. "Can I swear yet?" He asked you two.
"No." You and Clem said in unison.
"Come on, kiddo, quit asking." Clem said and AJ becomes a little angry then goes to look through his binoculars.

"Because I would swear about his stupid face." He grumbles. "Try thinking about something else. Count the monsters you see." You said to him. "Same number as before. Three....four..." AJ said. "AJ, it's okay if Abel frightens you. You know how to control that." Clem said but he ignores Clem.

"There's ten monsters out there." He said as he lowers the binoculars. "He doesn't frighten me. But when he comes here, I call dibs. I'm the one that kills him." 

"AJ, I don't like the way you're talking. Killing is never easy, or fun, or to be treated so casually." You said with worry. "I'd have to agree with her, buddy. You're worrying me." Clem said. "Is it because I'm trying to be good because of Marlon?" AJ asked.
"It's just because you should never think about killing like that." You said and AJ looks down for a moment before he brings the binoculars back up to his eyes.

"There's twelve of them now." AJ said then he lowers them again and asked. "But what if we played rock, paper, scissors? If I win, you guys change your mind, and I get dibs on Abel. I can take him, guys." AJ said. "Mm, yeah, okay. I'll represent us." Clem said as he gestures between you and him. "Really?" AJ asked. "Best two out of there, sucka. And no take-backs." Clem said to him. "No take-backs. Sucka." AJ said, smiling up at Clem.

"Get ready." Clem said as he holds out his right hand and curled it into a fist.
"One...two...three!" AJ counted down and both of them moved their fist up and down a couple of times and both of them hold their hand out as paper.
"Tied." You chuckled. 

"Go again." Clem said.

"One...two....three!" You said and Clem does paper again while AJ does rock.

"Crap!" AJ said.

"Paper beats rock." Clem said.

"Again." said AJ.

"One...two...three." you said again and once again Clem does paper and AJ does rock. "Crap!" AJ exclaims.
"I win." Clem said.

"That means no more about dibs, okay?" You said to AJ. "Okay." He said and he goes back to look through the binoculars.

"Guys, I see something." He said. "Not a walker?" Clem asked. "Here, you look, too." He said as he hands Clem the binoculars. Clem takes it, looks through and sees  a group of people with a horse drawn carriage. "That's not a walker. Good job, AJ." Clem said. "Come on, we have to tell the others." You said and you guys get down from the outpost.

"They finally show up?" Violet asked as you guys walk out into the courtyard, where everyone else began to gather around. "Yeah." You replied. "Stay safe, okay?" Violet said to you two as all of you gather.

"They've got at least four more people, all carrying guns. And carts, probably to carry people away." Clem informed them. "Oh no." Willy mutters.
"Assholes." Mitch scoffs. "I can't believe they're really here." Ruby exclaims. "If they get inside, (y/n) and I will keep them focused on us. That should give Willy and Mitch time to set up the bomb." Clem said.

"I'll set it under those carts. It'll work. I promise." Mitch said.

"If they manage to get in, we fall back." You said. "To the admin building." Louis said as he points to the building behind him. "Exactly. Right into our traps." Clem said. "They're in for a rude fuckin' surprise. Those duffle bags will break bones, easy." Aasim said.