Chapter 7: I Saved One For Me

You groan in your sleep as you heard something. You shake your head as the noise seems to be getting louder. You raise your head and look over at the bed across from you to see Clem had woken up too. He was looking towards the door and you look over to it as well. The noise sounded like muffled voices shouting at each other.

"What's that?" AJ asked as he wakes up too. "Shhh." Clem said as he gets up out of the bed. He goes over to the dresser, puts on his hat and lights the candle. He grabs the candle with his left hand and walked slowly towards the door as the voices seemed to get louder. "What the hell?" Clem asked as you get up out of the bed.

"There's voices in the pipes." AJ said and you and Clem look up at the pipes. "I think someone's in trouble." You said. "Is it us?" AJ asked you two as you and Clem turn to him. "No, no, no. Not right now, but we should help them." You said to him. "If it's a monster, we should kill it." AJ said. "I don't think it is." Clem said. "Yeah, I don't think so either." You said as Clem thinks for a moment.

"You got your gun?" He asked AJ. AJ nodded and pulls out his gun. "I'll be right back." Clem said as he turns and heads towards the door. "I'm coming with you." You said as you walk up to him. Clem turns to you and shakes his head. "No, I need you to stay here." He said. "You're not doing this alone." You said, stubbornly. "And I don't want you to get hurt, if this turns ugly." Clem said as he walks up to you.

He places his right hand on your cheek and strokes your cheek with his thumb. You lean into his touch as he says. "Stay here, okay? I'll be back in a few minutes." You look up at him as he removes his hand away from your cheek then turns to AJ. "You're the man of the house now, AJ. Protect (y/n) and yourself as best as you can." He said. AJ nods and Clem gives him a proud smile. 

"Clem...." you whispered and he turns to you. You give him a worried look then you lean up and kiss his cheek. Clem felt his cheek heat up when you remove your lips off of his cheek and back away a bit. "Come back in one piece, okay?" You said. Clem smiles then nods and heads out of the room.

He walks out into the dark hallway and it sounded like the voices were coming from the left. He follows it and goes around the corner then down the hallway towards the door at the end of hall on the left. "Basement." He mutters and he listens in and the voices sounded like it was coming from the basement. He reaches out for the knob but found out it was locked. 

This locks from both sides and can't pick it. He thought. Have to find another way to the basement. Then he looks over to the right and saw an evacuation map of the school. He looks it over and saw that there was a cellar door outside. So he goes outside.

The wind was blowing and Clem could tell a storm was coming. The wind blows out the candle and he sets it down and goes to where the map said the cellar door is. He finds a large brick and he grabs it then he saw the cellar door up ahead. He walks up to the door and could hear the voice coming out of it, the voices sounded like a boy and a girl shouting at each other.

Clem raises the brick and slams the lock multiple times with the brick until the locks breaks and he opens the door. He walks down into the cellar and the voices were much clearer.

"Damn it, Brody! We don't even know for sure it was them!"

"And he got away! How do we know he didn't follow them? You know he's not alone."

Clem cautiously walks deeper into the cellar as the voices continue.

"Those bastards are back and it's only a matter of time before they find us. You know that!"

"I don't know shit, and neither do you. Damn it Brody, keep it together!"

"There you go again, getting so mad...."