Chapter 4

"In New York you can be a new man"

POV from you:

*Saturday*

I couldn't sleep last night.

Yesterday was so much fun. The memories keep rushing through my head and I smile.

But that was probably the last time you're going to see them in a while.

What if they forget about you?

I shake the thoughts away and pack my clothes.

I have been packing here and there for the past week. All I really had left to do was pack my new clothes and bed sheets and a few other things.

While I'm packing, I'm playing music from the Hamilton soundtrack

(a/n sorry not sorry for the second reference this chapter haha)

After around an hour or two I finish and take my bags down stairs.

"Mom! I'm finished."

"Just load it in the back of the car!" My mom yells.

The actual moving truck left a little earlier this morning with Dad.

I put the bags in the back and closed the trunk.

I step back and look at the house I've been living in for the past 6 years.

I smile and head back inside before I start to cry.

I collect my laptop, phone charger, headphones, and one of those giant ass Goldfish cartons.

What? I'm going to need to eat something on the trip up there.

My mom, brother, and I get into the car and head our way to Queens, New York.

It's practically a two day trip, so we won't be getting there until Monday.

On the way up there I watch Hamilton and some movies I downloaded on there a couple months ago.

I ended up falling asleep some point in Maryland and I wake up to my mom slamming her car door and telling us to wake up.

I get up out of the car and look at where we are.

It's an apartment complex and around it are shops and I see a train zooming past us a little down the road.

I mean...it could be worse.

i mean (y/n) it's New York what else do you expect, big woods and trees and plains, more like big skyscrapers and cities.

I walk into the lobby and see my dad talking to a lady.

She looked young, maybe late 30's?

I walk over to my dad still tired.

"So where is our....house, apartment, home thingy."