Chapter 9: Boy Meets Evil

???'s Pov:
I limped as I walked slowly. I don't know where I am supposed to go. Or what I'm supposed to do. I usually just follow the crowd or explore every place we visit. Ugh, I'm starving I haven't eaten in a while. Probably because we can't find food, they're always running. But, at the same time, I don't mind it. I don't like eating the food they eat, it's very gruesome to see how they tear it apart and eat every single part. Leaving blood stains everywhere and leaving nothing but, its bones. I noticed a mirror as I walked passed a house which was already crumbled up. The mirror was cracked and some shards were scattered yet, it was well preserved. After all, it just was covered in dust and some pebbles, not a big deal. I knew I was very weak from the lack of food so, I grabbed a rock and bent down. I began to hit at the cracks of the mirror to at least get a big shard. Once a shard was released, I picked it up as I threw the rock aside. I heard footsteps and noticed them almost running toward where I was. 'They must have thought I found food.' I sweated a bit at that thought and put the shard in my pocket. I quickly started speed walking to a safe location.

The other guys don't like me. They think I'm a wimp and useless. I wish I was back with the others and him especially. I want to feel loved again not hated. But, then again I shouldn't show myself to the others. They'll be scared of me and most likely kill me. Kill me again? Kill me finally? Am I dead? And also, which 'them' and 'him' am I referring to? Who knows by now. I just met up with evil and that's it. I met evil itself. Am I evil? I mean, I do kill people but, is that considered evil? I kill people, yes but, I'm forced to do it. To survive and I hate it. Still, is that considered evil? Am I evil? Or was I always evil itself? As soon as I find a secluded spot, I took out the shard and stared at it. I looked at myself since I never really seen my own reflection in a while. I had cuts all over my face and I was really pale. The cuts were either new and bloody or old and just left a mark. My eyes were gray and lifeless as always. My brown hair was all messed up and sometimes when I put my hand through it, dust would come down or something would drop to the floor. I noticed my clothing, my white shirt was ripped and had holes in it as well.

The jeans I wore had the left side ripped out (up to my knees) while the other side wasn't. I didn't even have shoes anymore, I had to leave them behind. Feeling rocks or sharp objects under my feet doesn't bother me anymore. It's small pain that goes away, I have gotten so used to it to the point where I've grown numb to it. I don't know if that is a good or bad thing still. My body was just covered up in dried blood stains, cuts (new and old), bruises, dust, and pebbles. I put the shard closer to my neck and noticed the bite mark. The bite mark that haunts me to this day. The bite mark that ended everything for me. The bite mark that made me forget everything. I can't remember my own name or anything. I just know I'm here to kill and eat. I am here to be evil. But, I don't want it to be that way anymore. I want to know who is this boy and group I'm talking about. I want to know why images of these boys flash through my mind. Why are they so important that I can remember them and almost reach them? But, they are so distant and mysterious to the point where I don't catch their hand on time and fall.

It really sucks being a zombie, a force of evil who must be destroyed.