Chapter 18: Helping Hand

Jimin's Pov:
Everyone has eaten thanks to Jin's amazing cooking skills and ability to make food out of almost anything. Everyone has gone to their rooms to rest up for tomorrow, Seung-Ah and I are the only ones left in the dining room. The map was spread out across the dining table as we both discussed it. Discussing landmarks, which paths to take, and how to best avoid zombies. We marked everything we agreed on onto the map and argued over it as well. "How about around this corner, we just do an ambush if necessary." Seung suggested, pointing toward a spot on the map. "If we do that then, we just attract more zombies. We're trying our best to hide not be revealed." I replied, closing my eyes for a minute. "Zombies are way too focused on getting flesh to bite on then, a small ambush." She responded, crossing her arms. "Remember, we have Joonie on our side and we can't lose that trust we have with him. Besides, think about this ambush like a K-pop thing." I spoke, remembering back to the older days. "But, I'm not a K-pop idol like you are." She mumbled in a mocking way. "Anyway, when going out into public, you want to stay away from the public eye not be seen by fans. It's the same thing with this ambush if we do something big like that it'll just attract more zombies." I explained. "But, these aren't humans! These are zombies!" She exclaimed, slamming her fist onto the table. "Even so, they are still human enough to notice an ambush like this!" I replied, glaring at her. "I kidnapped Joonie and he didn't notice a thing! Zombies are just that focused on finding flesh than, an ambush!" Seung yelled out.

Suddenly, we heard a creak in the doorway and I quickly grabbed a knife that was on the side of me. I pointed the knife toward the direction of the sound only to see Joonie standing there, hands up in defense. "Oh, it's just you." Seung-Ah breathed out in relief. Joonie used sign language and Seung looked at him to translate what he is saying. "We're just mapping out locations that are on the map so, we can better understand where to head." She spoke and I'm assuming Joonie asked what we were doing. Although, the zombie signed something else after the response with a kind of a concerned look.

"Jimin and I were just talking about a plan to avoid zombies." She spoke, hesitating. "Joonie, don't worry. We just are stressed about surviving this Zombie Apocolypse." I added, fiddling with my fingers. The zombie walked over to our side and stood in the middle between us. He looked closely at the map as he nodded slightly at each location marked by us. He turned to Seung-Ah and signed something to her. "They said they were heading to Busan and currently we are in still in Seoul." She replied.

I sighed as I realized how far we are from Busan, we're not even close to Daegu! Joonie signed something quickly as he looked like he remembered something. "You are saying that even if we ambushed zombies, we are still going to get noticed because of your relationship to one another?" She questioned and Joonie nodded quickly. "Well then, what should we do?" I asked. He thought for a moment and smiled as he got an idea. He pointed at himself then, made a movement of a zombie. He smiled as he pointed at himself then at us. He finally made a zombie movement while he nodded.

"I think he's trying to say that because he's a zombie, he'll be able to say that we are with him." I spoke and he pointed at me, nodding. "Alright, that's an argument and plan all settled. Anyway, now, we have to figure out how to find buildings and resting points." Seung-Ah spoke, looking back at the map. Joonie pointed at the map then, at himself. "You know where resting points are it?" I asked and he nodded. It must be because as a zombie, he travels in many places to find something to eat.

"Okay, here's a marker. Help us mark the map to survive this." I spoke as I handed him a marker. Joonie looked at with widened eyes as he took it, he seemed to be complete awe. It was like he never saw anything like it. He struggled to take the cap off and lowly growled because of it. I took it from him and uncapped it then, gave it back to him. Joonie gave me a dimpled smile and returned to look back at the map. For a moment, I saw a human Namjoon again. Smiling at me as I give him a drink to keep him energize as he writes lyrics.

Suddenly, the image disappeared and returned to zombified Namjoon. I blinked quickly and returned back to the task at hand. But, maybe Jin Hyung was right.

Maybe Namjoon is still in there somewhere.