Chapter 23: Muffled

Joonie's Pov:
After a while of walking, everybody could tell that night was soon rising over of us. Seung concluded it would be best to rest for the night and managed to make fire from branches of a nearby tree. She was now the new map leader after what happened to Jimin who's name will not be spoken out loud anymore. But, Jimin isn't gone, he's just like me! A zombie. Maybe, a full zombie or not. Who knows we ran too early to tell. Seung sat against the tree as the rest of the group sat around the fire. She was examining the map as she talked with Seokjin, probably about where to go next and which locations we were at. I looked at the group around the fire, Taehyung and Yoongi sat together with arms around one another. I didn't blame them though they were the first to find out about Jimin. Hoseok and Jungkook began to rummage through the bags to find what food they had that could be cooked over a fire. Are they trying to forget everything? Is the pain too much to handle at this point? Is it good to hide emotions like that? What do humans do that I can't do anymore? I shook my head slightly as I lowly groaned, my eyes turning to look at Taehyung. The first human I ever remember from my life, Kim Taehyung or V as many know him. I remember the memories of us, how wonderful and fond they are. No wonder I didn't forget them. How we acted during the making of a video for an upcoming series I think it was. How we sang a son together to a group of fans. My smile as he was done recording his new single track for an upcoming album.

Everything I remember about him, but why not the others? I looked up to the sky from the rock I sat on, how clear the night sky was. With no humans around to operate the lights of the cities or something like that, everything was clear. The wind was so calm. So warm. So quiet. It was only me and this group under a big night sky full of stars and the bright moon. I looked at one star in particular who seemed to shine the brightest from the rest. How I wish to remember everything from the past.

How I wish for everyone to be happy once again. How I wish to be human again. My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a tap on my shoulder. I looked down to see Seokjin in front of me with a plate full of red fruits. My mouth suddenly went from dry to watery in an instance. I heard Seokjin clear his throat and I snapped out of my trance to look at him with a slight smile. "Thank..." I spoke, taking the plate quickly. I took the apple first and devoured it with such big hunger. The sight of the red color was so enticing and so close to the color of blood.

"Joonie, why did you remember V first? Be honest with me." Seokjin asked, sitting next to me. My eyes widen slightly as I wiped my mouth with my hand. "Don't know. Memories. Fans. Song." I replied, my voice is much clearer now. "Memories, huh? Do you think you can try to remember one of V?" Seokjin questioned. I could hear hope in his voice and I was happy yet confused at the strange request. I slowly nodded as left the plate to my side and faced him.

I saw Seokjin's hands go closer to my face and his fingers slowly closed my eyes for me. His hands never left my face and I continued to keep my eyes closed. "Now, remember him. Kim Taehyung or V. The weird one of the group, but with great visuals like me. Has a deep voice and eyes that stare and you'll never get tired of staring back at him." Jin explained, trying to help me visualize V. My went dark to a more brighter color which was white. Suddenly, I saw a figure in front of me. It was Taehyung.

He was in a different outfit that had some sort of animal design, a big earring that read 'love' and a ring. The background noises of chatter and the crackling noise of the campfire went away. The noise went to a ringing sound until I heard the muffled noises. The muffled song playing in the background. I could hear a deep voice sing with such passion and tension. Even if it was muffled, I could hear the jazz-like music combined with the deep voice to hear the track. The track that I remembered he did for an upcoming album.

"Love yourself even in tears of the past." The figure of Taehyung spoke. The vision went from white to black and Jin's fingers opened my eyes. "Now tell me, what did you see?" Jin asked. I grabbed my plate slowly and ate the rest of the red fruit. "Taehyung. Music. Deep voice. Love yourself? Tear?" I responded. I heard Jin slightly gasp and my head snap back to look at him. "Alright! It's time to go to bed, a lot of things to do tomorrow!" Jungkook exclaimed. "We'll talk about this tomorrow..." Seokjin spoke, he slowly got up and walked over to the campsite.

"Joonie, you coming?" Jungkook asked, quite concerned. "No. Watch over. Night." I responded, I needed to be alone plus I can survive without sleep. I'm no longer a human after all. "Okay, thanks, see you tomorrow." He responded. I noticed that the group borrowed the blankets and one pillow of the last place we were in. They all covered themselves up as I walked over to them. The fire was still on to give warmth to the group at night. I slowly sat between Taehyung and Seokjin and groaned lowly. What did that vision mean? What tears?

What past? Mine or theirs?