Chapter 31: Wish List

Taehyung's Pov:
The next morning was breakfast and then continuing on our journey to Busan. So close yet so far. So many things have happened. I just hope I can keep up with it. "Taehyungie?" A mumble came from behind. "Yes, Yoongi?" I asked, turning around. I saw Yoongi in a very weakened state even worse than before. He looked so tired and seemed he couldn't walk any longer. "I don't think I can walk. Please, carry me." He replied, hesitantly. "Of course, don't worry. Here, I'll help with a piggyback ride. Like we did before." I spoke, chuckling. I remembered many times when I gave him a piggyback ride. Like giving your grandfather a ride or carrying a member dramatically across a stage. I slowly bent down and Yoongi got on my back with his arms going around my neck. I stand up slowly and adjust him a little. Soon I lifted his legs a little and continued walking with the rest of the group. I could feel how scarily light he felt since last time. He hasn't eaten at all, hasn't he? "I'm sorry for bothering you, Taehyung. I must be a real hassle." Yoongi mumbled. "Don't be, I love taking care of you. It's the least I can do. So please, get some rest. I'll carry you whenever you need it." I explained and I felt him slowly nod. I sighed and focused on where we were going as I felt my boyfriend's breath hit the back of my neck. He was breathing steadily which was some type of small relief. "Taehyung!" A voice exclaimed and I looked to see Seung coming to my side. "Oh hello, Seung. What do you need?" I asked. "Well, first of all, did Seokjin tell you guys about my real name and stuff?" She questioned, closing her right eye tightly.

"Yeah, last night. Don't worry though, we accept you and greatly appreciate you on the team." I reassured with a smile. "Okay, good. That's good to hear!" She responded, giggling nervously. "Is something bothering you?" I asked, concerned about her strange behavior. "Well, last night I talked with Joonie and Seokjin. And I can tell they really do need each other." She explained. "Yeah, it's understandable. But, what does that have to do with what's bothering you?" I asked, adjusting Yoongi once again. Sueng seemed to notice as he looked to see the sleeping Yoongi on my back.

"I know that couples worry about one another a lot. Which explains Seokjin's desperate attempts to create an antidote to change zombies back to humans. Explaining how you're treating Jungkook." Sueng spoke, looking at Joonie and Seokjin then back at me. "Well, yeah, Jin Hyung wants to get Namjoon back. But, me, I just want to make sure Yoongi never gets hurt again after what Jungkook did." I responded, glaring at the boy in front of me. I can still never forgive Jungkook for cutting Yoongi's arm off. There could have been a better option but, he just had to choose that. And now look at what he's done.

"But, don't you think you need to listen to what Yoongi says about this?" Sueng asked and I physically stop in my tracks. "What do you mean?" I asked, continuing to walk. "I know I can't change your mind on Jungkook and that's okay for now. But, how does Yoongi feel? Is he okay with this?" Seung asked, motioning to Yoongi. I sighed and shrugged my shoulders as I never really asked him about it. "Taehyung, listen to me. Yoongi may never get better and what if he wants you to forgive Jungkook?" Seung asks, curiously.

"What if Yoongi wants you to talk and listen to Jungkook before you can make a final decision? What if that's his final wish before he goes? Would you do it or not?" Seung continues to ask and I look down. "I'll leave you to think about that, okay?" She spoke and walks up to Joonie. I guess she makes a point. Am I really defying Yoongi's own wishes? Is this really what Yoongi would have wanted me to do? Maybe I need to stop being stubborn and just work things out for once.

I adjust Yoongi on my back and walk up to Jungkook and Hoseok. "Hey, Hobi Hyung. You wouldn't mind me borrowing your boyfriend, would you?" I ask with a nervous smile. "Oh, uh, sure. Go ahead!" Hoseok spoke, a hint of surprise in his tone of voice. Jungkook lingers back and we both walk side by side in silence. "How's Yoongi doing?" Jungkook suddenly asked. "Not good, I think. He's been getting weaker by the days." I replied, sighing. "Sorry for asking then. And sorry for hurting someone dear to you." Jungkook apologized as he stepped in front of me and bowed down.

"What happened back there?" I asked. "Yoongi was bitten by a zombie and I went over to check. He was in so much pain and he was begging me to cut it. He couldn't handle it and so I did. I just wanted to help him and it looks like I made it worse. I'm so sorry, Taehyung." Jungkook explains as his voice cracks little. "I'm sorry that you are going through this because of me. I'm sorry that I put Yoongi in this mess and suffering. I'm sorry for everything I did to you so far." Jungkook continues to apologize as he bowed down.

"I forgive you, Jungkook. Although I don't agree with what you did, I understand why you did it now. I'm sorry for being such an asshole to you." I explained and he laughed as he nodded. We both smiled at one another and walked side by side. At least, it's a huge relief knowing that maybe I completed one of Yoongi's wishes. I took out one burden from Seokjin to deal with. A relief to note that Jungkook won't feel guilty anymore. And maybe for me not to worry or think about it anymore.

"Good job, TaeTae." Yoongi mumbles and I smile.