Chapter 22: A Fan's Question

Taehyung's Pov:
The faint noises of groans and moans coming from a zombified Jimin were echoing in my ear. The sight of him against that rock was buried right in my memory forever. I didn't want to see another member leave us after Namjoon! I didn't want to see the pain and sorrow in their movements ever again. I didn't want to see their life flash before their eyes. At this point, I didn't want to kill anybody. I didn't want to survive anymore. I don't want to live right now and right here. The ground below had little bumps as we ran and ran. But, to where? We ran forward continually it felt like as Jimin had chased after us. "I think we can slow down, Jimin is far away from us now." Seokjin Hyung spoke, sighing. We all caught our breaths but, I couldn't help myself. I quietly sobbed as I remembered what had just happened. I hear everyone else join in as they either sniffled or full-on cried. BTS was slowly falling apart with each bite mark, each kill, or each continuation of our journey to Busan. I looked up to see Namjoon standing in front of the group, looking at us with a concerned as we cried. "Joonie, where have you been? Why did you run off?" Jungkook asked, wiping his tears away. "My fault." He mumbled, looking down. "Jimin...zombie...my fault. Me....distraction." He mumbled, his voice slightly breaking. "Joonie, speak with sign language. I want everyone to know clearly." Seung-Ah suggested. Joonie began to sign something after nodding, his head still facing downwards as if he was in shame. "I was too much of a distraction. If I didn't want to bite Yoongi then, maybe Jimin wouldn't have turned into a zombie." Seung translated, her voice lowering at the last part.

I silently stared at Joonie, I didn't know what to say or what to feel. I should feel bad for him or something? Joonie then signed something else, but his stare was on me. "Though, I expected Taehyung to be a zombie first not Jimin." Seung translated, her tone returned to a confused tone. "Wait, Taehyung to be first?" Hoseok questioned. The members looked at me with a shocked expression and I realized why they were so shocked. I quietly got up and gulped as I walked toward Joonie who was rather confused.

But, why confused? Was he confused at himself for saying that or confused at our actions? "Joon, do you remember me?" I asked, my hands being put at his shoulders. "What?" He mumbled. I slowly put my forehead on his as I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing. "Remember this? A fan asked you who would die in a zombie apocalypse first. You replied that it would be me. Every ARMY agreed because of my kind attitude and weird personality." I explained, chuckling in between. I could hear Joonie's breath go and his body movements relax.

I could feel his eyes were now closed as he tried to imagine the memory that happened. "Taehyung?" Yoongi questioned, his steps coming closer. I quietly shushed him as I continued to close my eyes, waiting for a response from Joonie. "V? Taehyung? Kim Taehyung!" He mumbled, opening his eyes suddenly. I opened my eyes as I saw his expression change to one of happiness. "Remember me?" I asked, confused. What did he mean by saying my stage name and real name? I slowly backed off as Seokjin and Yoongi came close to me. Joonie slowly looked at his hands and let out a small dimple smile.

"Taehyung...fan asked...I replied...singer...visual...you!" He mumbled, his hands pointing at me. I carefully grabbed his hands and put them on my face as I sighed happily. "You actually remember me. Do you remember my singing voice?" I asked. "Deep...ocean?" He mumbled, smiling. "Yes, deep as an ocean at least that's what ARMYs say." I replied, chuckling at his response. "Sorry..." Joonie quite loudly. I looked at him and put his hands down. "Jimin may be our friend and him turning into a zombie is not the best feeling," I stated, looking back at everyone.

"But, this isn't your fault. You're half zombie yet, half human as well. What happened to Jimin was out of our control whether it was welcomed or not." I explained. I was kinda nervous considering now that Jimin would be a sensitive name and memory to think back about. Joonie smiled and I stared at the group behind me to which he waved at them. "Joonie, do you remember Yoongi or me?" Seokjin asked, gently. He knew he shouldn't push Namjoon too far with memories and remembering. Joonie looked at both members and closed his eyes.

I could tell he was having a hard time with the facial expressions he made. He looked confused yet angry as his eyebrows furrowed. Joonie opened his eyes and slowly shook his head. "It's fine, Joonie. We were just wondering that's all." Yoongi reassured and Namjoon nodded. His facial expressions still read disappointment as he couldn't remember them. "It seems that Joonie will only remember us if we give him a specific memory that can be connected to this zombie apocalypse," Seokjin stated. "It seems that the fan's question triggered a sort of in-depth sight on the situation we are in." He explained, the best he could.

I suddenly felt two arms go around my neck and I looked to see Joonie so, I put my arms around his waist. "If we want Joonie to remember us then, we need a memory that connects to what's happening with us." Hoseok spoke. I could feel all eyes on us but, I didn't care. I just wanted to cherish what was happening now.

"I missed you, V." Joonie spoke, clearly for the first time.