Chapter 16: I Caught You

???'s Pov:
I looked down to see my hands grasping onto rocks. Everything hurts now because of that human. But, why did he stare at me like that for a long time? Why did he stare so long to the point where his teammates had to yell at him to follow them? And that name he kept calling me. 'Namjoon'. So familiar yet so far from my memory. I carefully get up, making groaning noises as I get on one leg. That human really landed a hit on me. I can barely feel my leg. Was it my leg? My knee? I can't tell anymore, everything hurts at this point. I looked around me, all these zombies were no officially gone. No longer zombies. Maybe ghosts? Maybe not. Everyone I knew here always leaves me so early because the humans are really scared of us. I know we look weird but, what if we could provide use to them by just helping them survive? Telling other zombies that they were good humans and not threats? I looked around to see one specific zombie and I quickly get up. I limp as I run over to check on them until I tripped over a body. I groaned in pain and looked back to quickly groan out an apology. I got on both knees to see the zombie before me. I carefully put a hand on her shoulder. This zombie was a good friend of mine when I first became a zombie, she was there by my side. Like a mother and now those humans killed her. My last friend in this apocalyptic world. I quietly sighed and got up to look toward the horizon. Those humans will pay for taking away my only friend, my only source of comfort, and my mother of sorts.

I started to walk the path those humans took to escape. If they really think, they can escape from me, then, they're wrong. Dead wrong. I'll first knock them out as well as their weapons. Then, I'll make sure to rip out there he-wait. I stopped for a moment and looked down. This was never me. I don't want to hurt these humans, they were just like me. They're just afraid that they'll lose everyone and everything if they become a zombie. I mean, looking back at me, I think I lost a lot of things.

Sanity. Family. Friends if I even had them. But, there is this one boy that can't seem to get out of my mind. This boy when I think about him or at least try to, he is just a silhouette and everything else is so bright to even focus on him. That boy I want to meet again. If my memory is only recalled to him for a long time and hasn't disappeared then, he must be very important. I felt something bang against my head and I fell immediately. My eyes felt heavy and I saw two humans talking until something was pulled over me. I felt my body being restricted. Everything turned black.

-Time Skip-

Something was removed from my head and I was greeted by bright light. I turned away but, as I tried to use my hands to cover my face, I couldn't. I looked down to see I was tied to a chair. I struggled within it as I tried to free myself but, the rope was really tight around me. Plus I was fairly weak from the hit I was given and the injury given to me by that human. Suddenly, the door opened and I froze on spot.

"Would you look at that, N. Hasn't changed at all." A girl spoke as she looked closely at my face. "Seung-Ah, I owe you a great debt of gratitude for getting him for me." A boy replied as he bowed before her. "No problem but, besides capturing would have been easy. With or without you." She responded as she gave me a smirk. I growled at her and she quickly walked out of the room. Leaving me alone with the boy in front of me. He circled me for a while and I sat there confused about the situation.

"Hi, my name is Kim Seokjin. Your name is Joonie." He spoke as he gave me a smile. I gave a low growl, he's the human that hurt me. "I'm very sorry for hurting you back there. I didn't mean to." He added as he backed up a little. Wait, why is he so nice? Humans aren't like this to zombies. "I have to leave for now but, I'll be back soon. Don't worry. Bye, Joonie." He spoke as he walked out of the room and closed the door behind him. I kept remembering every feature of that boy and I began to think.

Why does he look so familiar? Why did he name me 'Joonie'?