Chapter 25: Don't Overthink Anymore

Yoongi's Pov:
"Is everyone ready?" Seokjin Hyung asked. Breakfast was over quickly since there weren't too many leftovers. We did have to save it for the next stop we would take which won't happen in a while. Everyone nodded as I put on my backpack and dusted off my weapon. "Alright then, Seung, lead the way!" Seokjin ordered as he looked at her. She nodded and looked at the map as she started to walk. We all slowly followed her and looked at one another occasionally. It was so weird to see Seung be the person in charge of the map. We were so used to seeing Jimin with it but, now, he's not a human. I noticed that Taehyung was not near me which was also weird. He was almost always near me since we were both protective of one another. I looked through our group to try to find him but, he wasn't in front of me or with anyone else. I looked behind to see Taehyung with Joonie as the zombified Namjoon held on tightly to Tae's arm. I sighed softly knowing that Taehyung wasn't harmed or bitten but, he was with his zombified friend who finally remembered him. I looked back in front of me as I grasped tightly to the straps of my backpack. I'm still surprised Joonie didn't remember Seokjin or me. We were both very close to one another and to see him remember Taehyung of all people was certainly a welcomed surprise. "Zombie attack!" Jungkook yelled, taking out his ax. I turned on my chainsaw as I got into a battle stance. Waiting for the right moment to attack, I started to lean backward. Once I heard the sound of a bullet, I leaned in too far that I fell to the ground immediately. "Taehyung?" I questioned, looking around for him. He was still with Joonie.

-Time skip to 2 days later-

"Okay, come on. Let's continue!" Seung yelled out after much planning with the map. It's been around two days for our journey to Daegu but, recently things had changed entirely. We weren't gonna stop at Daegu anymore, there wasn't a point in going now which we all agreed with. We all got up from our short break and continued to follow Seung and Seokjin. I closed my eyes as I waited for someone to hold my hand but, I felt no presence besides me, in back of me, or in front of me.

It's also been two days since Taehyung has begun to hang out with Joonie. Of course, there wasn't anything wrong with that and I wasn't bothered by that. But, Taehyung hasn't talked with anyone besides Joonie and Seokjin. I noticed a trend ever since those two days of our trip to Busan. Once Joonie and he said goodnight to one another, Taehyung would immediately talk with Seokjin. I would wait for him to come rest beside me but, those two seemed to talk forever so, I gave up.

I don't understand why these weird occurrences are happening. Why Taehyung is doing the actions he is doing. Why he gave up talking with the rest of the group. "Hey, Yoongi Hyung!" Hoseok exclaimed and I looked up to see that Hobi slowed down his pace. "What do you need, Hobi?" I asked. It was quite nice to have someone talk with me after a while of not being to do that. "Nothing, Jungkook and I noticed you seem way quieter than usual. You also look down. What's wrong?" He explained, his tone filled with concern. "I don't know if it's either the trip or Taehyung and Joonie," I replied, putting my hand at my forehead.

"I mean, I'm fine with them talking together but, why has Taehyung stopped talking with me and everyone else?" I questioned. "Well, we all know how Seokjin is right now with finding a cure for zombies. And since Taehyung is literally the only person Joonie remembers well. It would make sense if those two are like this now. Not talking to anybody else but, Joonie and one another. Don't worry too much about it, Yoongi. You have enough worry to deal with already." Hoseok explained, ruffing up my hair.

I smiled and nodded as I thanked him. I started to walk faster as soon as Hoseok returned with Jungkook. I didn't know why though. Did I want to get away from Joonie and Taehyung? Did I want to get away from the group to think more about this? I mean, I understand why they would both work together to find a cure. It makes sense, Jin is rather good at understanding these type of stuff now and Taehyung is learning new things about our zombified leader. Action and emotion wise. But, why do they tear away themselves from the group?

Maybe to get some peace and quiet? To not let us worry? I sighed as I looked down at the ground. Jimin was right. I remembered what our old map holder told me one day. 'Yoongi Hyung, if you overthink too much then, your mind can't focus on the course to our future'. I can see why he told me that and I can see why I should have listened to him. My eyesight started to blur a bit, my ears started to ring a bit, and I slowed down my pace. What's happening?

"Yoongi Hyung!" Someone yelled out, I looked back as fast as I could. Suddenly, I felt something pierce the upper part of my right arm. I looked quickly at the thing only to see a zombie with his teeth penetrated through my skin. I gasped softly as the pain was unbearable and I fell to the ground immediately. Once my head hit the hard pavement underneath me, someone was in front of me. "Cut my arm off, now," I spoke to the blurred figure as my hand went to my bite mark. "What? No! No, that's-!" They replied. "DON'T QUESTION IT! JUST DO IT! IT HURTS PLEASE! I DON'T WANNA LEAVE YOU GUYS! CUT MY ARM OFF! PLEASE, I NEED YOU TO-!"

I felt a pierce go through the bite mark and my right arm.