Chapter 27: Faults At Hand

Joonie's Pov:
My eyes widen little by little until they stood still like that. What just happened? Every noise around me began to get muffled as I looked at what was before me. I don't understand. Why are they acting like that? Taehyung just attacked Jungkook, I think it was. Then, Jungkook managed to land many punches toward Taehyung. Now here they are, yelling and arguing at one another. Taehyung continued to kick at the ground as he was being held back. What should I do? Should I interfere? I continued to look from my spot on the ground as my hands started to flinch. I wanted to move from my spot. I wanted to say something. But, what should I say? What should I do? I'm a zombie, I have problems to deal with. They're humans, their problems are much different than mines. Everything turned to normal once a lasso was tied around them. "So immature." Seung-Ah spoke as she looked at Seokjin. Why are Jungkook and Taehyung looking at one another like that? I know those stares aren't of happiness or to tell the other to do something. I carefully stand up and walk over to Hoseok who seems to be standing aside from the situation. I slowly put my hand on his shoulder and he turns around quickly with a gasp. "Oh, it's just you, Joonie. You gave me a fright!" Hoseok spoke, smiling a little. "You...sad. Why...smile?" I asked, confused. Don't humans who feel very sad, cry or frown? Why is he smiling? "Can you really tell how I truly feel or something? I am happy, don't worry." Hoseok replied, looking away for a moment. "Only...look...happy! Should feel...sad." I spoke as he returned his gaze at me. "What a smart little zombie! But, why are you speaking so slowly now?" He responded, crossing his arms.

"Not...sure. Just...feel." I spoke, putting a hand to my mouth. "Understandable after what happened. I wasn't expecting anything like this to happen." Hoseok spoke, looking over to Jungkook and Taehyung. They continued to stay tied together and not look at each other. "What. About. Yoongi?" I asked, my voice returned slightly normal. "Do you maybe wanna see him? He might be asleep but, you can check on him." Hoseok responded and I nodded quickly. "He's over there!" He exclaimed, pointing toward a tree nearby.

I quickly made my way over and I stopped once I made it behind the tree. I peered over to look down to see Yoongi lying on the ground with his head against the tree and a huge blanket covering him. I take note of his now bandaged-shoulder that still had blood coming out from it. "Hm, Joonie?" A small mumbled came from him and silently sat down next to him. "Suga?" I questioned, wanting to make sure I was saying the name right. "Yes, hi. How are you?" His voice was weak as he spoke. I looked at him down at him and I couldn't help but, feel heavy in my chest.

I carefully tugged my chest there, what is this feeling? "Good. You?" I asked, trying to ignore the feeling. "Could be better. So, is this what it feels like?" He responds, putting a hand on my thigh. "Feel what?" I asked, confused. "Nevermind. That bite mark hurt though." Suga spoke, looking at his shoulder. "How?" I asked. "Hm? How what?" He replies, looking at me again. "How. Did. You. Let. It. Happen? Good. Zombie. Fighter. You." I explained, grabbing his hand from my thigh.

I could hear a small hitched sigh come from the pale boy. "I was distracted by my own thoughts of overthinking." He replied. I suddenly remembered how Suga was acting throughout our journey. He always looked at me and Taehyung when we talked. He tried to get Taehyung's attention from me. He always wondered and gave glared when Taehyung then talked to Seokjin. "My. Fault?" I asked, my eyes widening again. "No! No! My fault!" He exclaimed, grasping my hand tightly. "I should have let that feeling go and accept what was happening. I should have stopped overthinking and being jealous!" He exclaims, focusing on me.

"I should have just let them help you turn into a human." He added, softly. I could see tears in his eyes and I start to slightly panic. How should I respond? "No. Hurt. You. Sorry." I responded, not hearing my own words. "Sorry? For what? Being oblivious to what was happening?" Suga asks, a tear rolling down his cheek. "No! They. Care. Me. But. They. Do. Not. Care. For. Each. One!" I explained. I gently moved my hand to his face as I wiped his tear away. "Too. Much. Attention. On. Me. No. Attention. On. Each. One." I added, realizing.

Everyone acted surprised seeing me for the first time. I didn't understand why. They were so desperate to bring me back to life to a human. I didn't understand. Each one tried to talk to me about their memories. I didn't understand. My lack of understanding is what is killing people. Not me, in general. "Yeah, I guess so, Joonie. But, don't blame yourself. Blame me. Blame everyone here." He responded, looking up at the night sky. I forgot it was night due to everything happening around me. It felt like time just stopped. But, why?

I noticed the twinkling and bright stars were clear. More clear than usual. "No. More. Talk. Sleep. Talk. Morning." I spoke, looked at Suga. He nodded and I almost got up until I felt a hand grab my hand. "No, stay here. I want to sleep with someone calm tonight." Suga spoke as he dragged me down. I looked at him but, smiled as I removed his hand and laid down next to him. I felt my eyes get heavy and my body lacked energy. What is this feeling? I never felt it before for too long or too much.

"Good night, Min Yoongi." I whispered, closing my eyes.

[A/N: My Taegi book and Namjin book switched places. I update this book now on Wednesday while, I update the Taegi one on Thursday.]