Chapter 32: Myself

Yoongi's Pov:
I open my eyes a little as natural light hits my face. "TaeTae?" I mumbled, looking around. "Yes, Yoongi?" Taehyung asked. It seems he was still carrying me throughout our journey to Busan. What a thoughtful boyfriend, he is. "Are we close to Busan, yet?" I asked, still holding onto him. "Hm, ask Seung or Seokjin hyung." He responds, eyes still on the road. "Seung! Seokjin Hyung! Are we close to Busan?" I exclaimed. Yet, my throat hurts afterward as if my vocal cords don't want to work anymore. "We did take a break an hour ago so if we stopped there. No, we're still far away from Busan but, I promise that we'll get there eventually." Seung replied, smiling. I gave out a small smile as I returned to look at Taehyung. Poor him, he's carrying me on this long journey, maybe I should get down now. "Taehyung, you can put me down now. I feel well-rested." I spoke and he nods. I slowly get down and I stumble a bit as I use Taehyung's shoulder to balance myself. Afterward, he grabs my hand and I smile as we continue to walk down the road together. No matter what time it is, how I feel, or what day it is, Taehyung always lightens up my day. He's the reason for me being all soft and nice nowadays. I look slowly at my arm, the arm that was cut off due to a zombie bite. I'll always be grateful toward Jungkook for helping me with that and I'm glad that Taehyung forgave him in the end. "Is something wrong? You keep looking at your shoulder." Taehyung asks, looking at me. "No, I just...I'm thinking right now," I reply, realizing what just happened during these past few days.

"I have a feeling that I'm slowing down the team. That I'm being such a hassle for you to deal with. Maybe, it was best for me to turn into a zombie." I explained, looking at myself. I turned from useful and strong to weak and useless. I shivered slightly as my own body couldn't produce average body temperature. My own body is killing me, what good could come out of me. I feel a jacket being put over me as my arm is forced through the sleeve. I feel a hand to my chin as Taehyung makes me look up at him.

"You are not slowing us down, Yoongi. You're not creating a hassle for me. As I said, I love taking care of you. I appreciate your affection and love. That's all I need for you to be considered useful." Taehyung explains, pecking my lips quickly. I smile softly as I let him lead the way down the road. "Hurry up, lovebirds. Can't let you two get left behind, now can we?" Seokjin yelled and we both nodded. Our paces quickened as we walked alongside the others and I look around at everyone. So much has changed since everything started.

Since Jimin was bitten and turned into a zombie, leaving him behind. So far, there was no sign of a zombified Jimin anywhere which was good. No one would want to kill him off anyway, no one would have the gut to do it. Jungkook and Hoseok are still happy with one another and protect one another. Reassurance was a big thing between them ever since all this started. I've never seen Seokjin happier. Ever since Joonie came into his life again and Seung joined the group, he has been occupied with happiness. And then there is me and Taehyung, together and happy.

One protective of the other and the other helpful toward the other. I look back at my cut-off arm and then I stare at Seokjin. I wonder if he made any progress on figuring out how to reverse the zombification of humans. He was so desperate to find one just for Namjoon, just so he can have his boyfriend back. And now, I wonder if Taehyung desperately wants the antidote to this zombie virus because of me. I just hope there will be an antidote because I want everyone here with me safe.

"Zombie attack!" Jungkook yelled and I looked up. Zombies were running toward us and the team got out their weapons. "Yoongi, stay with me! I'll protect you!" Taehyung yelled, putting bullets into his shotgun. I nodded slowly realizing they had left behind my chainsaw I use to fight. Whatever, it's not like I could fight right now, especially not in the state I was in. Suddenly, the aroma of blood surrounded me and I was occasionally splattered in it. I looked around to see what was happening as I was curious to see what was everyone doing to survive.

Jungkook made sure to make a deep cut with his ax on the zombies that came near him. Hoseok kept trying to get a hard hit with the shovel he used on each zombie. Seokjin sliced through each zombie with his scythe that Jimin got him. Seung used her lasso to tie zombies up as she used Jimin's old knives to attack them. I hear the bullets go through zombies and I can't take it anymore. So much noise. So much blood. Too much. I feel another body on me and I see Joonie standing in front of me.

"Yoongi! Okay?" He exclaimed. I looked at myself and I start to shake. The aroma of blood surrounded me even more as it started to smell delicious. I shake so violently, I fall to the ground as Joonie gets down with me. "Yoongi!" They both exclaim. I see Taehyung shooting each zombie quickly just so he can check on me. I feel Joonie holding me close and I hear his desperate questions to keep sane. But, I can't stay sane. I'm losing it. I don't stop shaking. I don't stop craving blood. What's going on with me? I can't stop shaking. I can't stop.

I think I just lost myself. My human self...