Chapter 36: You're Back

Seokjin's Pov:
"Jinnie! Where are you?" A voice yelled out. I ran into the room where the yelling was heard. I saw Namjoon sitting up on top of the table looking around frantically. "Jinnie!" Namjoon exclaimed, getting off the table. I noticed the gleam in his eyes. The smile on his face. How he tried to run toward me with his arms open wide. "I-I...remember." He mumbled as he finally hugged me. "Us? Jungkook? Hoseok?" I asked, my eyes widen at his statement. "I remember you, our little maknae, and Hoseokie-Hyung. I remember our boy group. Our fans. I remember everything." Namjoon replied, slightly backing away from the hug. "Namjoon! Your voice!" I exclaimed, tears swelling up in my eyes. "What's wrong? Does it sound weird?" He asked, worried. "No, it's not that! You're not mumbling or stopping at every word. You're speaking perfectly and clearly!" I explained, grabbing his face with my hands. "You're back! You're finally back!" I continued to yell out as I hugged Namjoon once again. Never letting go of him. Never loosening my tight grip on him. He's finally back with me. "I missed you so much, Jin-Hyung." He mumbled, hugging back. Having an equally tight grip on me but, I didn't mind. He was back in my arms. Where I longed for him to be ever since the apocalypse started, the apocalypse that drove us apart. I heard footsteps approaching the room and we both stare at the doorway, awaiting their arrival. "Hyung! What happened? You were screaming and-!" Jungkook exclaimed, stopping mid-way. He noted how close we were, how giant Namjoon's smile was, and how tears continued to roll down my cheeks. Hoseok and Seung-Ah finally appeared beside him and as soon as they saw us, no words were said.

"Is he? Is he back?" Jungkook asked, unconsciously as he pointed at Namjoon. The maknae slowly walked toward the older as his face remained slightly unbothered. "Namjoon-Hyung, do you remember me?" Jungkook asked, pointing towards himself. I smiled slightly as I wiped away my tears and nodded slowly. "Jungkook, you have grown so much since I last saw you. Also, you seem to have gotten much stronger." Namjoon spoke, smiling as he hugged the maknae. "Hyung, I missed you. I thought we lost you forever." Jungkook spoke, tears already falling down his face. "No, don't worry. I will always watch over you from now on." Namjoon replied as Jungkook hugged back.

"Hyung! Welcome back!" Hoseok exclaimed, hugging the two close to him. I chuckled slightly as tears never stopped swelling in my eyes. I just can't help myself. How long has it been since we've last seen Namjoon like this? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? Who knows but, I'm just so glad to have him back. "It's great to be back. Hm?" Namjoon spoke, looking around to see Seung. She gasped softly and looked away quickly for some reason. Perhaps her emotions are getting to her.

"Seung! Why are you hiding?" Namjoon asked, looking concerned. "Because I'm one of your fans and I don't want to get in between something that doesn't involve me," Seung spoke, crossing her arms. "After all, that's the family that you haven't seen in a while. I really wouldn't like to interrupt this moment that is so important to you." She explained, rubbing her arms with her hands. "Oh, Seung. Haven't you remember anything from our concerts? ARMYs are our family too and you managed to help my family as much as possible." Namjoon replied, walking toward her with a smile. A smile that never left him.

"But, some of them died and I couldn't do anything!" Seung exclaimed, continuing to look away. I remembered back instantly to Jimin, Yoongi, and Taehyung if only they were here to witness this. To have witnessed Namjoon speaking to them before turning into zombies. "Yes but, even so. You tried to protect, defend, and attack anyone who dared to hurt them. That's all I need for someone to be considered my family." Namjoon replied, pulling Seung into a hug. I could see her tense up a bit at first but, slowly she melted into the hug.

How I wish that was our fallen members receiving that hug. But, Seung deserved it after everything she has done. I felt more tears prick my eyes as they continued to fall down. Why can't they stop? Why can't I stop crying? "Jin?" Namjoon asked, looking over at me. "Yes?" I replied, noticing his concerned gaze. "Why are you crying? Wasn't crying supposed to be only for sadness?" Namjoon asked, confused. Ah, so, he remembers us but, not some basic stuff about the world. I chuckled softly and walked over to him as I caressed his face softly.

"I honestly don't know why I'm crying but, crying can have different meanings. Whether they mean happiness or anger. And now, I feel so happy to have you back." I explained, pulling him into another hug. "Why? I was always with you when you discovered me as a zombie." Namjoon asked, his confusion still lingering in his tone. "Even so, I wanted to say how much I love you and wait for your response. To hug and cuddle you yet, I couldn't do that because you didn't remember anything. I felt so alone without you. Don't ever leave me again." I explained, my tears leaving obvious stains on my face.

"I won't. Can I turn back into a human? Is there an antidote yet?" Namjoon asked, backing away from the hug. I signed softly and shook my head. "Unfortunately, I realized how hard that was. I would need a lab for creating an antidote. Sorry." I spoke, face-palming myself. "We need to get to Busan quick. I don't want anyone else dying on me. I want to go there so, we can try to create an antidote." I explained. Namjoon shrugged his shoulders and pulled everyone in the room into a group hug. "As long as I have everyone with me, it's okay!" He exclaimed, landing a kiss on my cheek.

And for once, I believed that.