Chapter 39: Follow Me

Namjoon's Pov:
"Be careful, I sense a hoard of zombies around here," I mumbled as we walked through the entrance. The train station could barely be called that. It was empty, some parts were on fire or torn down, it was splattered with blood, and zombie noises were echoed throughout the area. I could hear everyone take out their weapons as I stood upfront to take a look at everything. Since I am a zombie, I had the advantage to be out in the wild just like that and get no attention. "Does anyone even know if there is a train here?" Jungkook asked as he looked around the place. "Good question, we need to know if there are any operating trains before we can run out," Seokjin replied, looking down at the ground. His eyes land somewhere on the ground and he grabs my shoulder tightly. "Cover me, Namjoon!" He exclaimed and I nodded. I went after him as he ran to grab something off the ground, he quickly made his way back toward me. "I got it!" He exclaimed, waving the thing back and forth. I grabbed it quickly to see it was a map of all the trains here at the station. "Good job but, now to find Busan..." Seung spoke, taking the map from my hands. Her eyes looking up and down as her fingers dragged along the paper trying to find a train. "Here!" She exclaimed, a little too loudly. The echoes of groaning and moaning got louder. Footsteps got closer and closer toward us. "Sorry, guys..." Seung whispered, covering her mouth. "It's okay. Just follow my lead, I know how to get around these guys." I spoke. I begin to glare at the direction of where the sounds were coming from. "Follow me!" I exclaimed as I start to run.

Everyone ran after me as we went through the first area of the station. There was a huge crowd of zombies but, I knew a short cut around them. I quickly go toward the light switch and turn off the lights. "Pass me something to throw," I whispered to the group. "Here!" Hoseok exclaimed, softly. He threw me a small packet of bullets and I try to look for an area to throw the bullets at. No wonder zombies hate the dark, we can barely see. I threw the packet over a few zombie heads as it landed on the other side.

The zombies' groans grew louder as they ran to the area where the sound was made. "Come on, hurry!" I whispered to them and we tip-toe in the next room. Which was an empty hallway. "So, a weakness. The dark?" Jungkook spoke as he panted slightly. "Yep, zombies can't see in the dark so, they rely on sounds only," I explained, smirking slightly. "Seung, where are we supposed to be heading toward anyway?" I asked as I faced her. "There supposedly is a train to Busan that is two rooms far from us!" Seung responded as she showed me the map, her finger on the location.

"Well then, let's go!" I exclaimed, opening the next door. I noticed the light switch was right beside so, I turned off the lights. Hoseok pulled out another packet of bullets and threw them to the left side of us. The zombies quickly moved over there and we tip-toed our way to the next door. "This is getting way too easy if you ask me," Jungkook mumbled and I nodded slowly. "Then, again. I can't really jinx it, can I?" Jungkook asked, chuckling afterward.

I smiled as I shook my head slowly at his comments. We entered the next empty hallway where there was a window right beside the door which let us see the next room. I look through it and then, I look up only to see the ceiling was missing. "There's no ceiling in the next room, so that means there is only light. We have to run and attack to get to the other side." I explained, sliding down against the wall. Everyone nodded and I sighed realizing the dangers of going through that room. Those zombies in the next room mean business.

I hear Hoseok Hyung fill in Taehyung's gun with bullets. I hear the whiplash of Seung's rope. I hear the sharpness of Jin Hyung's scythe and Jungkook's knives. Those zombies could easily overpower them and bite them then. I look down at my hands that were pale with dried bloodstains. Then, they would turn into me. A monster. "Everyone ready?" I asked, getting up. The group nodded as they slowly got up as well, their weapons held tightly in their hands. "Alright..." I mumbled as I sighed afterward. I open the door and as soon as I did that, the zombies looked in our direction.

There was a moment of silence until all the zombies began to run toward us. "Follow me!" I yelled out. As I ran toward the door, I closed my eyes for a moment to hear the sounds behind me. Bullets were being fired. Whip lashes were made. Multiple groans and moans due to being stabbed were heard. It seems they were having no difficulty defending themselves. "Almost there!" I yelled out as I reached out my hand. The door was so close to us yet, so far. Just a few more steps.

My hand finally grasped the door's handle and I opened it immediately. I looked to see what was before me. "A train! There is a train! Guys, a train to Busan!" I yelled out, laughing afterward. Yet, my laughter was disrupted by everyone struggling to close the door. I quickly rush over to help but, I was stopped by a smell. A smell of fresh blood and meat. "Finally!" Hoseok exclaimed as the door was shut tight. "A train to Busan...we made it. We actually made it." Seokjin spoke, staring at the train in front of him. I sniffed the air to see where that scent was coming from.

"Seung?" I questioned as my eyes landed on her for the scent.