Trail Of A Traitor

Astrid P.O.V
I felt my heart ache after Hiccup told me his story. I needed to tell Stoick, or as I like to call him dad, everything even my awful thoughts. I know he'll be disappointed in me but he usually gives good advise.

I stood outside his door staring at the badder carving feeling awkward as all hell. I gulped and knocked the door loudly. Within moments the door opened and Stoick stood before me looking a little dishevelled. I wondered what could be wrong but I felt a tear stint my cheek.

"Dad can we talk," I asked feeling the sadness in my voice.

"Ummm...nows not a good time Astrid darling I uh...." began Stoick but I saw something over his shoulder that made me gape at him in shock.

Heather, the village healer just came down the stairs of his house...in just his shirt!

Stoick followed my eyes and went pale as did Heather. I growled at him, "Explain yourself now!" I said with anger.

"Maybe you should come inside," said Stoick with a slight grimace. He steps aside and I come in immediately and stand in front of them with my hands on my hips.

"SHE IS HICCUPS HEALER STOICK! MY THOR YOU CAME HERE FOR HELP NOT TO GO SLEEPING WITH THE VILLAGERS! WHAT WILL HICCUP THINK WHEN HE FINDS OUT!?" I roar at him.

"Please Astrid let me explain, take a seat," he said gesturing to a chair at the table. I glared at him then at Heather before sitting down. Stoick and Heather sat down opposite me with a nervous look on their faces.

"Explain now!" I said angrily.

"I was in the tavern last night having a few drinks with the off duty guards, they told me stories of my son and I listened...I saw Heather on her own in the corner so I went over to talk to her. After a while we ended up telling each other that we liked each other and well....here we are," said Stoick with a slight smile.

I watched as Heather laid a hand on his shoulder and gave him a small smile of reassurance. I couldn't stay mad and I ended up grinning.

"Okay I am happy for you guys, but you need to tell Hiccup," I said.

"After the trial," says Heather quickly, "We shouldn't be stressing him out, he still isn't fully healed yet."

"Right, well the trial is tonight, So we tell him tomorrow," said Stoick with a nod.

I agreed with them and left them alone heading in the direction of Hiccup's house. I arrived to see his dragon, Toothless, sitting right outside the door as soon as I approached he stared at me and the closer I got the more he growled at me. I stopped and gulped.

"Toothless. Stand down bud," said a strong voice. The door opens and out walks Hiccup in his armor and his helmet tucked under his right arm while his left hand held onto the hand of his daughter who waved at me before putting her thumb in her mouth. I giggled at her a bit.

"Astrid just who I am looking for, can you look after Astra during the trial. Yoy can be in the Great Hall but I need you to keep her occupied," said Hiccup with a smile.

"Of course I will," I said without thinking. Hiccup smiled and Astra screamed out, "YAY I CAN STAY WITH MY NEW MAMA!"

Hiccup went pale, "Wait what?"

"Well mama used to take care of you Daddy when you got hurt, now Astwid does!" said Astra as if it was the most obvious thing in th world. Some of the on looking villagers chuckled a little. I giggled as well.

"Baby. Astrid isn't your new Mom. Sorry darling," said Hiccup as he stroked Astras hair. She crossed her arms and pouted.

"I wanted a wittle bwother or sister," she said huffing slightly. Hiccup and I both started stuttering and flushed red.