Journey to Valhalla

Stoick had lived a long life, a life that has seen many wonders and many tragedies. But nothing could have ever prepared him for this. His son had become the strongest man that he had ever known. But now. Now he was broken. Broken beyond all hope.

Hiccup stood on the docks as the sun set on the horizon staring out at his daughters long boat, sailing further and further away from him and closer to Valhalla. Tears flowed down his cheeks, but he did not stop them from falling. Everyone on Dragon's Edge stood behind their king, their leader as a sign of solidarity and support. Astrid and Stoick stood either side of Hiccup tears falling from their eyes like the stars from above.

Toothless sat behind his best friend loyally, being there for him in his darkest hour. Hiccup grabbed an arrow from his belt and turned to Toothless, "Light it bud."

Toothless sparked a small flame lighting the arrow with his purple embers. Hiccup turned back to his daughter and took aim, "I love you Astra," whispered Hiccup softly as he released his bow string sending the arrow flying through the air and striking the boat igniting it with a powerful flame.

Many flaming arrows flew through the air like hundreds of shooting stars all striking the boat upon which Astra lay. After a moment Hiccup spoke and it was heartbreaking to hear the man breaking before them.

"My beautiful  daughter....I hope as you are looking down from Valhalla that you can hear me. I promise to you...to your mother and to my own that I will not rest...I will not stop until Snotlout and the Outcasts are no more. I swear this to you," said Hiccup as tears fell from his eyes and rolled down his cheeks.