Astrid's Regret

Third Person P.O.V

Astrid and Stoick were sailing for days without any prospect of finding any formidable sort of land that would suit their needs for survival. With everything that had transpired with Hiccup and all the unsaid things between her and Stoick it was creating a very bad atmosphere upon the ship. Stoick would ask her time and time again what had transpired but each time a tear would come to her eye at the memory and she would simply go to her sleeping quarters without a single word, but Stoick could almost swear that he could hear the young woman sobbing.

Then one fateful day she had finally cracked her persona of indifference and she told Stoick everything that was said in the exchange between herself and Hiccup. Stoick wasn't exactly pleased to hear what she had to say but he knew that sometimes things were said in the heat of the moment that no one means, but it leaves a great impact. He couldn't find it in himself to be angry at her or punish her in any way, she had emotionally punished herself enough these past few days that it was entirely unnecessary to do so. 

Eventually the days stretched into weeks and rations were running low, they had taken to fishing in the ocean in an attempt to find fish to eat, yet they could never fulfill their thirst as their only water source was salt water. Astrid sat on the mast of the ship staring out at the horizon as the sun began to rise. It was truly a beautiful sight, but her thoughts of Hiccup and Astra plagued her mind, she felt only guilt and regret at her own harsh words. If only she could go back and make recompense for her awful behavior. But Hiccup at this point would never forgive her. As she looked onward she spotted something just on the horizon that they had been looking for...land.

She felt a sense of excitement course through her at the prospect of getting  off of that damned boat and onto some dry land. "STOICK LAND AHEAD!" she yelled out as she climbed back down the mast and back onto the deck below. The door to the cabin opened and Stoick rushed out looking evermore cheerful than he had been the past few weeks. He smiled happily at the sight of a landmass ahead. That was until he saw the Outcast crest on a boat that had moored there.

"Astrid we need to get out of here as quickly as we can, those are Outcast ships that are docked there," said Stoick as quickly and considerately as he could. Astrid nodded and they both made their way to the back of the boat to steer it away from them before they were noticed. But they were too late.

The Outcasts had spotted them from the shore and saw the night fury emblem on the sail of the Dragon Master, they had their catapults at the ready and launched their ammunition at the boat in hopes to kill whomever occupied it.

Stoick noticed the incoming attacks and grabbed Astrid by the waist and dove into the ocean just as the boat broke to splinters leaving only pieces of broken wood floating adrift in the ocean. Astrid and Stoick floated in the ocean with their hopes of safe refuge and survival dwindling quicker than a candle in the wind. They began to kick themselves toward a smaller island that was closest by, it was nothing but rocks and a small thicket of trees but this would have to do until they were able to figure out a way to escape from this rock without being spotted by the outcasts. This truly made Astrid feel pure and unadulterated regret for her actions, had she kept her cool they would never have ended up in the situation that they were in now. She felt scared, more scared than she had ever felt in her entire life. But little did she know that their luck was about to get a whole lot better, but they would need to go through some hardship first.

3 Days Later

Astrid and Stoick sat in the cave that they had found on their first day on this little island, it was that small that it would only take twenty minutes to walk from one side to the other. But it was big enough for them to survive. They had found some small birds that they were able to kill and eat along with a small stream of pure water that would quench their thirsts. 

Stoick sat at the mouth of the cave occasionally glancing back at Astrid to make sure she was alright. She was currently bundled up in his fur cloak using it as a blanket to keep her warm. Stoick felt really bad for her, she had never meant for any of this to happen but that night he hoped to Odin and to Thor and all the Gods above them that Hiccup would come to their aid. That he would see that she meant nothing by it and save them on the back of his magnificent dragon. But he knew he was asking too much of the Gods this time for he too knew what it was like to lose a wife, to feel that pain of raising a child on his own. It wasn't easy. 

Stoick looked up to a star that was shining more than the rest. He couldn't help but think of one thing, Emily Haddock. The star shone brighter at the thought of her name and it became so bright that he needed to cover his eyes to protect his sight. But he soon sensed that it had became darker. When he uncovered his eyes a beautiful woman stood before him with blue eyes and long dark hair in a dress of white and gold flower designs. Stoick was at a loss for words.

"I have looked forward to meeting my father-in-law for quite some time Stoick," she said with a smile and at her words Stoick knew who this woman was, "Emily?" he asked with uncertainty. She simply nodded and sat down next to him at the mouth of the cave. She stared out at the small amount of trees that was standing before them in the moonlight.

"Beautiful isn't it dad?" she said with a soft smile and a glance in his direction. "Yes I suppose it is daughter," responded Stoick with much confusion, "I thought you died."

"I did, and I am. You prayed to Thor and Odin for guidance on what should happen next and they have sent me to your aid just this once, so listen to my words very carefully Stoick the Vast. The past is the past but it can be undone. Should you take this opportunity you can change the outcome. When you wake you will be in a place just before all went wrong. When I am upon your shores you must make an impossible choice."

"What do you mean Emily?" asks Stoick feeling uncertain.

"You are getting the rarest of things from the Gods Stoick, a second chance to right a huge wrong, don't waste it...." as she finished her sentence she pressed a kiss to Stoick's forehead and he felt himself slowly falling asleep, "Remember me and my warning Stoick for I am the goddess of love and peace." 

Hey guys,

I am so sorry for not updating as regularly as I should have been but my amazing girlfriend just gave me the biggest idea for this book and I feel joyed to actually write these chapters. I hope that you guys loved the past two chapters that I uploaded (I know a rare double update from me) as much as I loved writing them.

I promise to write a lot more, and I actually am an Irish writer and I have a deal with an independent agency to have one of my original stories published so I am like super pumped up and in a major writing mood too so be expecting a lot more from me!

Love you all,

Ryan