Suspicions and Revolutions

Stoick and the rest of the Berkians headed north as directed by the Dragon Master. For days they sat on the ship with supplies getting dangerously low. This time around Stoick was more prepared and had mapped out other islands that they could stop off at for supplies. But things were different out here from the last time Stoick sailed this way. The islands were dying and were burned the dust. For a moment he thought Hiccup had something to do with it. But no his son was a hero. He fought to free islands from tyranny.

One night however the Gods were smiling upon them. The sea was smooth and the skies were clear of any storms. The stars were out to help guide their way. Everyone was sleeping below the deck and Stoick remained on the top deck steering the ship. But soon the wind died and they simply floated.

He was about to go below deck when he spotted something in the skies, something heading directly for their ship. Stoick grabbed his battle axe in the event it was something unfriendly. But the closer it came the more it looked like a man. That was until it landed onto the deck in a crouch. Stoick noticed that it was a man in a fancy armor that was made of materials he had never even seen before.

The man stood up and the wings on the side and back of his armor disappeared. "Hello father, it's been a while," said Hiccup from beneath his helmet. Stoick breathed a sigh of relief when he realized that is was his son. "Yes my boy it has been quite some time since we last saw one another."

"I came to see how you were holding up, the trip to my island is pretty rough for even the most experienced traveler," responded his son as he leaned against the ships mast. "Aye well it has been rough out here, that much I'll admit. Food is low as is spirit, but Astrid keeps them all going. She's the heart of them all," answered Stoick.

"Yes well I thought I should help you out," said Hiccup with a slight chuckle, "So I brought these for you." Hiccup pointed upwards and two dragons that Stoick had never seen before were holding a giant net filled with barrels and crates. The dragons landed gently on the ship setting down all the goods on the deck.

Hiccup went over and relieved them of their burden whilst muttering to them in a tongue that Stoick never heard before. One of the dragons bowed their head to Stoick and then to Hiccup before taking off and disappearing into the night. "That should be enough food and mead to keep morale up for a while," said Hiccup as he mounted the remaining dragon.

"You're on the right track by the way. Keep heading north and you'll see two pillars reaching to the sky, go between the pillars and you'll be able to get to my island. Do NOT go around them or you'll meet all my islands defenses and you'll never survive it," advises Hiccup with a sternness to his voice that Stoick had never heard before. "Thank you son...for coming back to Berk I mean. You didn't have to-" said Stoick awkwardly.

"You don't need to thank me Dad...the only reason I came back at all was because you and Astrid were there, if you weren't. I wouldn't have came," said Hiccup, "I better get going otherwise Daggur and Erret are gonna start searching for me."

"Goodbye son," said Stoick with a rare smile. Hiccup nodded and shot off into the sky disappearing from sight. But that didn't stop Stoick from staring into the sky at the spot where his son disappeared. He wasn't broke from that spot until a certain someone bumped into him.

"Hey Chief," said Astrid as she glanced towards the supplies, "Where'd those come from?" Stoick shrugged, "Dragon Master came a while back leaving us goods so we can survive. Told us to keep heading north and gave me directions to get by his island defenses."

"Just who is he anyways," says Astrid as she walked over to inspect the food and mead. "I mean the Dragon Master in all the stories that I have heard just swoops in saves the island and then disappears. Now here he is taking us to his home and giving us free food and mead. Something isn't right," says Astrid suspiciously. Stoick chuckled, "Astrid you're being paranoid." She turned to him with a raised eyebrow, "Actually I'm not...you told me never to trust anyone. But here you are trusting the Dragon Master with our lives. This means more than legends and blind faith. You know who the Dragon Master is...don't you Chief?"