The Wrath Of The Master

Stoick awoke to the sounds of Terrible Terrors chirping happily on the window sill of his room. Over the years he had grown accustomed to the small dragons and came to enjoy listening to their songs. Stoick got out of bed and approached the window opening it and petting the tiny dragons, "Ah tis a beautiful mornin'" sighed Stoick as the Terrors snuggled closer to his hand.

There was a knock on his door and Stoick walked away from the window to answer it. He opened the door to reveal his son Hiccup. "Hello dad, thought I should give you a proper welcome to Dragons Edge," said Hiccup with a smile. "Ah that would be wonderful," said Stoick as he grabbed his fur cloak and draped it over his shoulders.

As they entered the hallway the door to Astrid's room opened ans she walked out holding her axe in her hand. The moment she saw Hiccup she smiled, "Hello Hiccup." Hiccup returned the smile with one of his own, "Good morning Astrid."

"Look about yesterday and the way I was behaving towards you-" began Astrid but Hiccup held up his hand silencing her, "It's fine Astrid. You've been through a lot in the past few days. I'm just glad I got to Berk when I did otherwise a lot more people would've been lost."

"Aye, it was good of you to come all the way from your island to help us son," says Stoick appreciatively as he places his hand on his son's shoulder. "I will always come back for family," said Hiccup with a smile. 

"So Hiccup I only have one question for you," said Astrid with a smirk. "What's that?" asked Hiccup with a raised eyebrow. "You still good in a forge?" she asked as she twirled her axe in one hand, "I want to see if you are as skilled as I remembered when it came to weapons."

Hiccup laughed, "Well that's one way to ask if I can sharpen your blade!" Stoick gave a chuckle, it was as if they were youngsters back on Berk. "Follow me Astrid, I'll fix that blunt axe of yours," says Hiccup with a smile. They all follow Hiccup from the inn and through the village. He greeted every villager as they passed and they seemed to be happy when greeted by their leader and king.

After a short walk they stop outside a rather large stone building with a sign hanging over the door reading: Blacksmith and Forge

Hiccup opened the door and entered closely followed by Stoick and Astrid. A rather young man was currently working on straightening a sword when they entered. "Good morning Vlask," said Hiccup with a smile. Vlask stopped wiping the sweat from his face, "Good morning my king. What can I do for you today?"

"Ah I only came to borrow your forge, need to show an old friend I haven't lost my skill," chuckled Hiccup. Vlask laughed in return, "You were the one who taught me my king! If anything I still have lots to learn from you." Hiccup clapped his strong hand on the man's shoulder, "Maybe one day Vlask." 

Vlask nodded and stepped aside allowing Hiccup free reign of the forge. "Astrid your axe please," asked Hiccup as he held out his hand. Astrid obliged and handed Hiccup her axe for inspection. Hiccup held up the blade to his eyes and looked it over top to bottom before running his finger along the edge. "Blunt as a troll this one," mumbled Hiccup to himself. He started up the grindstone and held the blade to it allowing sparks to fly. What would normally take an experienced smithy ten minutes Hiccup finished in five.

He held up the blade to eye level once more and gave it one last inspection before touching the blade with the tip of his finger lightly drawing blood. "Yes that'll do nicely," mumbled Hiccup to himself as he gave the axe a slight twirl. He handed it back to Astrid and she looked at the axe in awe, "Even Gobber could never get it this sharp!" she exclaimed.

"Well I've traveled the world over and learned from the best black smiths in the land," said Hiccup with a shrug. The door to the forge opened and Heather entered looking scared, "Ships have breached our defenses Hiccup! It's Alvin!"

Hiccup rushed from the forge followed by Stoick, Astrid, Vlask and Heather. As they ran towards the beach Erret son of Erret met them holding Hiccup's weapons and helmet in his grasp, "For you my king!" Hiccup was quick to grab his weapons and helmet. He placed the helmet on his head and turned to Heather, "Find my daughter and get her back to the castle! Keep her safe!"

Heather nodded and ran off into the village in search for Astra. Hiccup arrived at the beach to find his army battling that of Alvin the Treacherous. Hiccup began battling with Alvin's army and was slaying anything that came in his path. Dragons came from the forest to assist their master in battle. Toothless joined his best friend at his side as he began fighting the oncoming enemy. The warriors of Dragon's Edge cheered when they realized that Hiccup had joined the battle. Stoick grabbed his hammer off his belt and joined in as did Astrid. But soon all would go wrong....

"DADDY HELP!" screamed a little voice from far beyond the battle. Everyone stopped battling as Hiccup turned to see Snotlout holding Astra in his grasp with a dagger to her throat and Heather laying unconscious at his feet. "DADDY PLEASE!" begged Astra as tears fell down her face.

Hiccup tore off his helmet and threw it to the ground, "Please Snotlout. Let her go. She's innocent in all this." Snotlout growled, "You...you're meant to be dead." Hiccup approached slowly, "Please Snotlout, this doesn't have to go this way. Let my daughter go." Snotlout looked down at the little girl in  his grasp, "So this is your daughter..."

"Yes, she's my daughter. Please...Snotlout...she's all I have..." sobbed Hiccup as he fell to his knees begging for Astra's safety. This was the only moment that the entire village had ever seen their king so vulnerable.

"Then this will be the perfect warning to you," snarled Snotlout as he drove the dagger into Astra's chest. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" screamed Hiccup as he rushed forwards catching his daughter before she hit the dirt. She was pale and there was so much blood pooling around them. She had tears flowing down her cheeks.

"No baby...please not you too," sobbed Hiccup as his tears fell upon his daughter's face. "Daddy...it hurts," whimpered Astra as Hiccup held onto her. "You-you're going to be o-okay," whispered Hiccup as tears streamed down his cheeks. Toothless howled in sadness as he watched his friend suffer. Stoick gripped his hammer tightly as he watched his granddaughter dying. Snotlout watched over the whole affair with a sick and twisted smile on his face.

"Daddy...w-will M-Mommy...be there," whimpered Astra as her eyes grew heavier. Hiccup found it hard to even speak, "Y-yes A-Astra...she'll b-be there in V-Valhalla," sobbed Hiccup has he cradled his daughter's body in his arms. "I...love...you...Daddy," whispered Astra before she closed her eyes and breathed her last breath of life. Hiccup howled with grief as his daughter lay dead in his arms. Toothless whined and nudged the dangling hand of Astra hoping that she would pet his head and tell him that she was okay. When nothing happened the dragon whined and tears poured down it's face as he ran to the forest to grieve.

All the warriors and villagers on Dragon's Edge bowed their heads in respect for their king in his moment of grief. Whilst everyone watched little Astra part the cowards that cost her her life left. In that moment. That small moment. The Dragon Master ignited a flame of vengeance in his heart. This would be that fateful day when the Dragon Master vowed to kill every man, woman and child that stood in his way between him...and Snotlout. He would make their armies burn. He would make their blood paint the ground on which they stand. He would make them all pay for what they've cost him. Vengeance would be his.

Hey guys,

Sorry for the really unexpected and sorrowful chapter. I know that you guys are probably gonna be mad and a little sad but this helps build that vengeful  character and creates a much needed lust for revenge within Hiccup.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted or were expecting. Hope you can enjoy this chapter anyways.

Thank you for all your support,

The Author