A Second Chance

Third Person P.O.V

Stoick woke with a headache that would stun a troll. He staggered to his feet and realized that he was in his bedroom back on Berk! He couldn't believe it but a single thought came to him, "My house was destroyed by Snotlout so how can I be in my house now?" Then he heard a familiar voice through the open window that the sun was pouring through.

"LEAVE ME ALONE PLEASE SNOTLOUT!"

Stoick knew that voice all too well that was his son Hiccup! He bolted from his room and pelted down the stairs three at a time stumbling as he went. He reached the front door and kicked it open rushing outside. But the sight he saw made his eyes widen. There was his son running towards him as a boy! He was a full grown man a few weeks ago. That's when he saw Snotlout chasing Hiccup and he too was a boy as well! What in Thor's name is going on!?

Hiccup ran past Stoick and hid behind him, "Dad help!" But words that Emily spoke to him last night rung through his head.

You have been given a rare gift from the Gods....A second chance.

He knew what had to be done. Snotlout stood in front of the chief looking smug, "Hey Stoick, let me deal with Hiccup while you do your chiefly duties." Stoick however grabbed Snotlout by the front of his tunic and hoisted him up into the air with one hand making Snotlout look terrified.

"Listen to me boy, go near my son and I will make you stay in the prisons until you are old and grey, do you understand me!?" asked Stoick angrily. Snotlout nodded immediately and when he was thrown to the ground he took off like Thor's lightning. He turned to his son who looked at him in awe, "Sorry Dad, I shouldn't have had you do that. I know your disappointed in me-"

Hiccup's rambling was cut off by Stoick pulling him into a hug, "No son I should be the one who is sorry. I never pay enough attention to you but I swear that this is going to change. I will train you personally until you can take on idiots like Snotlout without any problems. I will make you the best viking this side of the archipelago!" Hiccup was a little in shock at his father's attitude change but he nodded and gave a slightly lopsided smile before saying to his dad one thing, "I take it you're going to be watching the Dragon Training later huh? Me being first and all." Stoick nodded in response as his son smiled and walked away.

Stoick remembered something that had happened the first time he went through this, Hiccup was leading in Dragon Training which meant one thing. He has already met Toothless. This is where his son begins his path to become the Dragon Master, to become a legend to the whole world. But this time he it going to do this right. He is going to make sure that this is done in a way that meant Hiccup could go and become the Dragon Master but want to return home to Berk. A plan began to form in Stoick's head as he watched his son walk towards the forge, tonight would be the night that his plan to recreate the Dragon Master would come into action.

As Stoick sat in his kitchen staring at a mug of mead in front of him he couldn't help but think of Emily. She came all the way from Valhalla to give him and Hiccup a second chance at this ordeal. A second chance to become the Dragon Master. He had his plan ready. He would follow Hiccup to where ever he was keeping Toothless and confront him. He would then convince Hiccup to leave Berk and become a legend. Easy.

Stoick stood up as Hiccup came down the stairs and made his way to the door with a large basket strapped to his back. He knew this time that he was heading to Toothless as he noticed the prosthetic tail poking it's way out of the basket ever so slightly.

"Hiccup where are you heading at this hour?" asked Stoick with a chuckle. Hiccup let out a small yelp and dropped the basket that he had on his back and then stumbled backwards falling over the basket. He quickly stood up, "I uh - I am heading for a walk. Trying out an invention far away from the village, wouldn't want a repeat of the last time I tried one of them out here."