Rescue

Hiccup and Astrid stood next to their dragons on the high tower of the black castle that stood on the highest point of Dragon's Edge. They watched as everyone in the village prepared for battle, the men grabbed their weapons and armor whilst the women gathered the dragons for their respective riders. This was going to be another war that Hiccup had to fight, but it was one that he was most willing to fight.

"How do you do it?" asked the nervous voice of Astrid. "Do what?" questioned Hiccup with a raised eyebrow. "Stay so...calm," answered Astrid with a hint of hesitancy in her voice. "Because I know my purpose, I know my goal...I have fought in many wars Astrid, wars that would make most men go insane from what I've seen. But I always stayed hopeful, remained calm and kept pushing forwards. It's the only way to think in battle, otherwise you fall."

"Wow and to think you used to be the village runt back home," said Astrid as a joke. Hiccup chuckled at her humor. Toothless nudged Hiccup bringing his attention to his best friend, "You alright bud?" asked Hiccup. Toothless gave a low growl and crooned, Hiccup knew what was worrying his friend, "Don't worry bud, we're going to be fine."

Toothless gave a croon and a gummy smile which Hiccup returned. Erret entered the high tower slightly breathless making Astrid and Hiccup turn to him with concerned eyes. "The scouts returned, Davos spoke the truth. Alvin and his Outcasts were spotted on Raven's point, Snotlout has to be there too!"

"Good work Erret," said Hiccup as he climbed onto the back of Toothless, "You stay here and help Heather prepare the Great Hall." Erret nodded, "As you wish Hiccup." Astrid climbed onto the back of Stormfly and looked to Hiccup, "Are you ready?" she asked with a fierceness in her voice. "I've been waiting for this for a long time," answered Hiccup as he placed his helmet on his head. Both of them shot out of the tower and into the sky landing just in front of their gathered forces.

Hiccup got down from Toothless and addressed his warriors, "Today we fight for freedom! We fight for those who died at the hands of Snotlout the cowardly viking! We fight to protect not only our clan but all other clans that cannot protect themselves! So WHAT ARE WE!?" yelled Hiccup to his troops.

"RIDERS!" they yelled back. "WHAT ARE WE!?" yelled Hiccup. "RIDERS!" they yelled. "THEN MY RIDERS! LET'S RIDE!" roared Hiccup as he jumped onto Toothless and shot into the sky. The war cries of the dragon riders could be heard all over the island as over a hundred dragons and their riders shot into the sky following their king to battle.

As they flew Astrid met Hiccup's speed, "That was some speech!" she called over the wind in their ears. "Quite! We need to be ready for anything!" called back Hiccup as they shot south towards Raven's Point. As they flew they could see many ships below them all sporting the Arendale coat of arms. "Looks like Queen Else came through on that back up!" yelled Astrid. "Indeed!" agreed Hiccup. Toothless let out a loud roar and the armies on the Arendale ship let out a loud cheer for the Dragon Master and the Nightfury.

This was going to be a war that would go down in history, the battle as old as time itself. Good versus Evil. Darkness versus Light. Master of Dragons versus the Conqueror of lands. One thing was certain...only one would survive. As they all flew and sailed south the isle of sorrow came to view, meaning that they were close to their goal. This was going to be the fight of their lives...they're in the endgame now.

As they approached Astrid felt the nerves beginning to mount and she knew that she could not go into battle without doing one thing. "HICCUP!" she called out making him look towards her. She walked along her dragon's wing and jumped onto Toothless making the black dragon grumble at the sudden change in weight.

"Astrid what's going on?" he asked  as she sat behind him. "I needed to tell you something before this goes down, before we start this war," said Astrid as they began to glide. "Yeah and what's that?" asked Hiccup over the rushing wind. "That I...I love you! I need you to know that Hiccup! I have loved you since we were kids! I was just too afraid to tell you!"