Meeting

This is my first story so I hope you enjoy and if you see any mistakes that really bug you please let me know!! I also don't own anything from A Series Of Unfortunate Events, so quick disclaimer their...This isn't all exactly like real life, so there are going to be some mistakes about their day-to-day lives. but on that note... Enjoy :)

                                                                          ***

"For the sinners to play as saints, you'd be so proud of what we've made"   Y/N Hynes sang as she sat on her bed, her headphones on. It was late afternoon and she was flipping through the script for the first episode of season four of 'A Series Of Unfortunate Events'. She didn't have many lines, but her older brother Louis had been a part of the cast for the last three seasons, and she didn't want to let him down. She was fourteen, making her younger than him by three years. She looked up at the Ravenclaw poster hanging above her desk. She was wearing a large black hoodie and ripped skinny jeans.

         "I'd trade my luck to know, why he's caught in the crossfire" she sang, her soprano voice cutting through the small room as she stared off into space, her E/C eyes out of focus. At the sound of her door opening she came back into reality, turning her head so fast it was almost surprising when she didn't snap her neck. She took off her headphones, tilting her head as she looked at her brother.

       "Ever heard of knocking?" She asked jokingly, her British accent rang through making the statement sound serious, but her smile showing that she didn't mean anything by it. Louis tilted his head like she had.

      "I've got a friend you need to meet" he told her, her eyebrows shot up in surprise. 

      "What have I done to earn the privilege to hang out with my brother and his cool friends?" She asked. His brown eyes me her E/C ones. He paused for a moment, then chuckled.

       "You're going to have a couple scenes with him, thought he should meet you" He replied. Y/N stood up and stretched before giving him a nod. She followed him out of her room. Her curly H/C hair flowing down her back as they trampled down the stairs. Milo and Lara were at the kitchen table and they waved as the pair exited. They got into the car, Y/N sat down waiting for her brother to get in. As they pulled out of the parking lot the radio turned on to the song Y/N had been listening to previously.

        "Isn't this what you were singing when I came in?" Louis trailed off as Y/N sighed.

         "Yes... crossfire"Y/N replied. 

         "But he's caught in a crossfire" Louis sang. Y/N smiled.

         "And he keeps waking' up" She joined in, their voices harmonizing. They sang together the entirety of the trip to Louis' friends house, which wasn't a very long trip anyway. When they arrived, Y/N climbed out of the car, looking up at the house, then at her brother who joined her. He grabbed her hand, which he knew always made her feel better. Y/N was normally very shy when meeting new people (sorry if you actually aren't), and Louis was very aware of the brave face that she was wearing at the moment. Y/N gave him a smile, she needed to prove to him that she wasn't a child anymore and that she could care for herself. She squeezed his hand, the followed him to the door, hands dropping to her sides. Louis looked her dead in the eye as he knocked on the door. A woman that looked very familiar opened the door.

          "Louis!! Hi!" She said cheerfully when her eyes landed on him, then her eyes landed on Y/N. "And this is...?" she trailed off curiously.

          "I'm Y/N Hynes, uhh, Louis' younger sister" Y/N replied hastily, smiling shyly. The woman smiled.

           "Ah, yes, you'll be joining the cast with your brother" The woman smiled back. Y/N nodded. 

          "He's in his room" The woman told Louis who nodded. She stepped aside and the siblings entered. They took off their shoes and Y/N followed her brother upstairs. He headed towards a door at the end of the hallway and Y/N followed timidly. As they neared the door singing could be heard. It wasn't horrible, better than Louis' for sure. Y/N smiled, the tune was very familiar.

       "Look away, Look away, theres nothing but horror and inconvenience on the way" Louis looked at Y/N smiling as he pushed open the door. They entered together, Y/N looked across the room at the desk to where there was a boy sitting at his computer. He whirled around in his chair, his brown eyes meeting Y/N's E/C ones.

                                                                         ***

So... that's the first chapter, hope you liked it. Let me know what you think and if I made any very annoying mistakes please let me know. :)

~Annie1'sfriend