The Story They're Told

6 YEARS LATER

                                                                     Marinette's Prov:

     "COTY!" I yelled out "breakfast!" she added after, Charlotte and Tiki helped make Roman Apple Coffee Cake for breakfast, it was the twins favorite. 

Coty moaned walking down the stairs, "MOM, why do we have to go to school,? it's our birthday after all." (Marinette was surprised, Coty was usually the best behaved one, never complained, never had to be told twice, very shy just like her, and very kind. But she did like any good mother would.)

"Because you're a smart kid, bad attendance can make or break your education, and you never know what you'll miss, and didn't you say you're getting new Viola music today. Plus I have to go to work who will watch you. Now sit down and eat." I said, as Coty sat down next to Charlotte and stuffed a big piece of Roman cake in his mouth.

"Alya could watch us Mom." Charlotte said, Marinette sighed sitting down.

"Alya has to work too Chat." Marinette tried to explain to her.

(Mary one of Marinette's old co-workers had given Charlotte the nickname Cat and Coty the nickname Wolf when they were still babies, ever since then it's just stuck with them. Marinette had recently hit the big guns after hitting top market with her designs, but also recently Marinette got a once in a life time opportunity to work with one of the biggest design companies in the world. Which just so happened to be in Paris, but Marinette couldn't pass the opportunity, so she took the job, luckily it was all the way across town)

After breakfast Marinette rushed them after looking at the time, "Now hurry we'll be late" Marinette said.

"Mom we have an hour and forty five minutes until school even lets kids come in the school." Coty said confused as Tiki took his plate like she did everyday.

"Yea mom why did you wake us up so early in the morning." Charlotte said acting like she's tired, but everyone knew she was a huge drama queen. 

Marinette looked at her kids lovingly, and remembered how much she loved them. She patted her sons head "There is no such thing as a birthday without some sort of surprise. You're still going to school though." She told them. They smiled and giggled, then ran to there room to grab there bags.

 They smiled and giggled, then ran to there room to grab there bags

"My god" Marinette said to her kwami, they both just laughed. "I don't know what I'm going to do with them Marinette exclaimed.

"You raised them good Marinette." Marinette gave a half hearted smile to Tiki, then looked down the hall as they run towards them.

"They look a lot like there dad, even there smiles are the same." Tiki said,

"yea... they do" Marinette said whispering the last part to herself, but before her kids appeared at her feet.

"Ready to go mom!" Charlotte shouted excitedly. 

"Lets go then!" Marinette shouted practically shoving her kids out the door, with Tiki following behind them. 

As they left the house Marinette took her children's hands and walked with them down the street. Marinette smiled as she listened to Charlotte constantly talk.

 "and the... and then I said stop that... But Mrs.Matlin yelled at me, be-be-cause I made her cry.....AND she told the teacher I hit her." Charlotte muttered.

"That's not how I remember it." Coty whispered under his breath, Charlotte just gave him a glare. Marinette giggled

"mommy how much longer until we get there" Coty asked yawning, she could tell her kids were tired, but just patted there heads and told them soon. 

"Why didn't we take the car." Charlotte asked impatiently, although there house was only 10 minutes away.

"This is an all on experience. You either do it or you don't." She told them, as she looked down her children confused face.

 "We're here" Marinette  said coming to a quick stop. The sun was just coming up, and the kids looked around Charlotte had the brightest look on her face  as she saw the blooming pink buds on the trees, Coty had smiled too, when seeing the walking path, knowing there mom was going to tell them a story of there father, whom they never heard much of. 

 they quickly ran to the path without looking back to see if Marinette was following. Marinette looked stunned as the twins held there hand out to each other, Coty intertwined his and Charlottes hands together. She just smiled and followed them.

They all walked through the path silently, until it was interrupted by Charlottes humming to the song Marinette sings to them, quickly before she got to far into the singing, Coty started to sing, and Marinette and Charlotte quickly joined in. 

"......So when you leave I'm not alone cause no matter where we are we will never be apart because I'll think of you as I go.

I'll think of you when I dream, so when it's dark you'll be with me cause no matter where we are we can look up to the stars and I'll think of you as I dream.

Oh it's a long and winding road but we don't have to walk alone cause no matter where we are I will keep you in my heart, and I'll think of you as we go." 

The twins giggled and laughed looking at each other. Then I all of a sudden blurted out. 

"He doesn't know. I didn't tell him. I just left." the twins stopped then looked at me. "He's not a bad dad, far from it, I believe now that if we were just ready and older he would have been a fantastic father, but he doesn't know. We were still just kids, I wasn't even 18 yet, and daddy was my best friend my super partner with that, I didn't even know his identity. He looked just like you, except he had these beautiful green emerald eyes you could stare into for years." They didn't say anything, Charlotte just stared down at her key necklace and Coty stared at his fish tail bracelet.

(For there 1st birthday Alya had gotten Charlotte a Key necklace that could open her music box,  and had gotten Coty a paracord fish tail survival bracelet, as they got older they were convinced it was from there dad.) 

                                                                      Coty/Charlotte Prov:

The rest of the walk was quite, in the car on the way to school they kept looking at there hands and each others faces hoping they could see just a slight reflection of there dad, and then they stared into each others eye's seeing there mother, and all of a sudden they loved themselves just a bit more. 

After getting out of moms car Charlotte smiled "best day ever." she mumbled under her breath where only her brother could be the only one to hear her. 

"yea" he whispered in respond, and they couldn't help but staring into each others facing knowing this is what there dad looked like, they didn't even think about it before this moment.

 "I can't wait to tell our class." Charlotte said about to break into a run. 

"WAIT!" shouted Coty, that's the loudest he's ever spoken "We can't tell people you forget we don't actually know him either, he's a superhero, and we can't go around telling people that they'll think we're crazy." he added reverting back to his usual tone of voice. She knew he was right, and just started walking to class with him.