songs • isabella/leslie

ProxiDeLaRue
※ Isabella x Leslie: drabble/pure fluff attempt

It was another sunny day. The kids of Grace Field House woke up with bright smiles on their faces. Isabella and the rest of the children were ready to start the day.

"Good morning, Leslie!"

"Good morning, Isabella."

It was indeed a "good" morning. The skies were blue and beautiful. The sun was bright and warm. The children's smiles were brimming with happiness. The food was a blessing. Everything was fine as usual. Everything was perfect. Nobody knows anything. Today once more, their ignorance brought them fulfilling bliss and peace.

"Leslie? Where are you?"

The dark-haired darling looked around the massive garden for her friend. For about five minutes, she searched the entirety of the forest. It seems that Leslie chose a new spot today, Isabella thought. The girl knew, that if she followed the source of a certain tune, she'd find her secret beloved treasure...that is apparently hiding from her again.

"Singing again, Leslie?"

"Wah-! Isabella?!"

"Heya, Leslie!"

She dropped down from the tree that served as her hiding spot earlier, landing perfectly beside the freckled boy. (※ M-Marco?) She sat giddily beside him, awaiting his beautiful voice to burst out into song.

♥︎ ♥︎ ♥︎

"That's a new song, no?"

"Yeah. The butterflies flew by so I thought that they must be flying with a song fluttering in their hearts."

The dark-haired girl and the light-haired boy shared a beautiful moment that day. Their exuberant laughter resonated within the spaces of the forest. Right now, in their little corner, it was just them against the world. They were together, having fun, and that's what matters. Isabella couldn't ask for anything else. Leslie was all she needed and nothing else.

《The next day...》

"Leslie~!"

With a large smile on her face, Isabella pounces on Leslie. The poor boy nearly fell due to their slight weight differences.

"Ahaha...Good morning, Isabella."

In the quiet of the morning calm, where the sun rises at the dawn, and the birds sing their waking song, there's a story to be told. One between two children who grew up side by side as siblings. In this story, there is a song to be sung. A new tune was found almost everyday in their little hideout. They would sing and hum together for hours on end, lovely melodies echoing in the air.

If only it remained this way for eternity, Isabella wouldn't ask for anything else. Leslie is the one who kept her strong all these years, he and his beautiful songs.

"Oh, Leslie..."

the end.