ghoul • ray

[Tokyo Ghoul AU/Crossover]

Wednesday, 10:50 AM. Sunny days were nonexistent, and not a drop of rain outside today. My coffee was begging to be drank already; it was getting cold. News reports say fifteen were found dead in Sector 19 last night. I don't particularly care about news, but it just keeps getting worse these days.

"Do you need a refill?"

"No, thanks, Violet. I'm good."

Goldy Pond Cafe was one of the few places where Ghouls like me could chill and blend in with society. Yuugo and Lucas- who was human- are the bosses here, and the staff members are Ghouls. I'm just a regular customer, sitting here, peacefully drinking my coffee.

"Why do you look so worried? Sector 11 is the safest place in Tokyo. There are barely any 'Demon' attacks that occur here."

Then, there's another Ghoul who came here often. The prodigal genius sips from his bitter beverage, interrupting my train of thought. But Norman does have a point. Why am I even worrying? Demon Ghouls never come here for some reason. I wonder why...

"By the way, why in the hell are you dressed so formally?"

"We're going hunting again."

He says as if it's so obvious. Under a long dark coat was his formal attire (*his outfit as W.M), which made him earn a new persona. I think it's sad since albino genius had to ditch Emma so that he can go vigilante hero again. Eliminating Demon Ghouls is not an easy job.
Demon Ghouls are insane ghouls who commit mass killings. Their eyes behind the masks are their one weakness; they are literally disfigured demons, due to insanity and obsession but they continuously eat humans and ghouls to stay alive. Also, they don't have a kagune. (Demons in TPN but their sizes are reduced.)
It became even harder after the CCG and the Ratri Clan got involved. Norman's group, Lambda, is a built rebellion fighting against our oppressors. It's a mystery how he manages to balance school work and his Ghoul work posing as William Minerva. I wonder what excuses does he use?

"I'll be seeing you around, William Minerva."

"...Don't say my alias in public, Miss Papillon."

After Norman left with a coat swoosh and a scowl on his face, I finished my cup and took my leave as well.
Later that day, I found myself back in the Academy and found myself in Ray's dorm room.

"So, Norman ditched you guys again today?"

"Emma, specifically. But we can't blame him. If he wants to save the world and get rid of Demon Ghouls, then we won't stop him."

Ray is human. He's lucky to not experience our pain, but he's unlucky to be targeted as food. I'm glad he's still alive.

"By the way, Emma said that she's getting her mask today," he reminded. "Could you go with her instead? I still have essays to finish."

"Sure thing."

And although Ray hadn't spared me a single glance that day, I still love him. Ahaha, I know what you're thinking. But still, I try avoiding him too. I don't want to hurt him. These thoughts occupied my brain as I walked with Emma to the HySy ArtMask Studio.

"Raccoon? Are you here?"

I've never been here before. It's nice. The lights are a little bit dim, giving the place a mood. All the masks look amazing. The thought of owning a mask never even occurred to me. And who's Raccoon-?

"Boo."

"WAH-!"