record • yuugo/lucas

Comments and votes will always be appreciated.

Eternal_Art (not super angst but I tried)

[Post-Apocalypse AU]
*Lucas will have both of his arms

"It's been six years. We survived for this long- well aware that we're walking towards our untimely death. We never asked for this. What are we even living for? Each other? Do we even have a future? What do we do? What do I do? I feel like giving up, honestly. But I have to keep on going. For him..."

"Tch. We're running out of food."

"Yuugo was reaching his limit. I still held on. I try not to give up, especially not after Oliver d...died. I can't afford to lose anyone else."

"C'mon. Let's get outta here."

"We haven't found any survivors yet. Just a few days ago, I found a dead Theo in the ruins of a convenience store. Seeing his dead corpse almost made me lose hope. But I held it in and swallowed the fear. I kept going. We've walked for many miles now. Who knows where we'll end up next? Who knows if we'll still be alive tomorrow?"

"Over here. There's a clean room we can use in this house."

Lucas follows behind Yuugo's trail into the house. The interior was surprisingly clean and in good condition. There was only one room available for use, but nevertheless, the two males were used to sharing a bed. This wasn't their first time sleeping in a bed together.

Then nightfall came. Earlier that night, Yuugo went out to get more supplies and food. He just came back. Lucas took note of how Yuugo's eyebrows were furrowed, his nostrils flared, his lips twisted into an angry frown, his eyes trailed to the ground, his figure hunched over. Yuugo staggered as he came into the room. Lucas sighs as he watches the other male change his clothes. He quietly gets up from the bed to wrap his arms around the slightly taller male.
Yuugo lets out a breath of exhaustion. He turns around to pull Lucas closer to his bare torso.

"I'm losing it, Lucas."

"What is it, Yuugo?"

"My sanity."

"Then let me be your anchor."

Lucas connects his lips to Yuugo's; a blissful feeling sparking their hearts. Placing his hand on his partner's cheek, he smiles.

"Thanks, Lucas."

"It just hurt me. But whenever Yuugo's screams echo in the night, I will always be there to lull him to sleep. I'll comfort him, softly caressing his hair. I promised that I'll be there for him."

He takes in a sharp inhale. He clenches the recorder with trembling hands. He holds back his tears.

"Yuugo...if you're listening to this recording, I just want you to know that I love you. I always will."

Yuugo lets a tear slip. The record comes to an end. He buries his face in his gloved hand, bitterly biting back the threatening tears. A hand ends up on the man's shoulder. The girl smiles, yet is sadly grieving.

"It's okay, Yuugo. Lucas is in a better place now."

"...Thanks, Emma."

the end.