reason • norman/emma

Norman's theme songs: (obviously for Emma)
1. You Are The Reason by Calum Scott
2. Happier by Marshmello ft. Bastille

charleseyler

"Emma, you are the reason why I could continue to smile despite all of my fears and pain. You are the reason why I can continue to smile right now."
- Norman

It broke her. It broke Emma's heart into millions of tiny pieces in so many ways. Twice. The first time was when Norman was shipped out. She really thought Norman was eaten. Back then, she was close to giving up completely- but she persevered nonetheless. The second time was when she came face to face with Norman. He was alive and well, surprisingly. Emma never felt such relief, and at the same time, sadness. The way Norman spoke out her name, it rolled off his tongue, brimming with many emotions.

"Emma."

"Norman?"

Her hope was still alive. Although unexpected, she was very very glad. And as she rushed into Norman's arms, her heart had rebuilt itself once more. The hole in her pure little heart was filled in again. But she broke down, melting in his embrace. As the tears fell down her cheeks like waterfalls, every piece of picture memory came back. Norman tightened his arms around Emma and pulled her closer. Emma was finally healed.

A warm embrace from a loved one who was once lost heals the heart in many ways.

"Good morning, Norman!"

"Good morning, Emma," he sighed in content, along with a smile.

The sun shone, much brighter this time. Norman's heart beating much faster upon seeing his beautiful, beloved Emma. He will do anything for her. He will do anything to protect her and her precious smile. To make her happy, he will sacrifice and do whatever it takes. He can't help it...he's in love, after all.

"We'll get out of here, Emma. I promise. We'll take Ray with us and we'll escape."

In this golden cage, Norman's heart can only be so free. Emma is the source of his strength and happiness. He will never let anyone harm his angel.

"I'm so glad you're safe," Norman breathed out.

Steadying his hands on Emma's shoulders, he smiled at her with relief and joy. He missed her. His words, his hugs, they weren't enough to express how desperately he missed her. Every second he spent away from her was pure torment for him. Emma's smile gave him the strength to keep going.

"Norman, you don't know how glad I am to find you alive."

"Oh, Emma."

the end.

A/N: well, that's something...

※ I just wanna be my real self for a moment here, because I am cruel enough to write a TPN fanfic where everything goes wrong in so many ways. Or we could have the main plot of TPN and have it all become Emma's dream in the end. And she will be eaten by the demons. But since I'm not that cruel, I won't write either of those ideas.